Bill O’Brien

jlbvols

Seeing a lot of chatter/rumors that the Bama OC may be offered a job at Nebraska, Georgia Tech, or Arizona St. Also rumored if he accepts one of those jobs he will leave immediately with signing date in December.

Evidently he wants out and is tired of the criticism from dumbass Bama fans concerning not putting enough points on the board. Could this happen in the next few weeks just before our game or even sooner which would definitely put them in a bind ? Saban would be pulling his hair out !

Seeing a lot of chatter/rumors that the Bama OC may be offered a job at Nebraska, Georgia Tech, or Arizona St. Also rumored if he accepts one of those jobs he will leave immediately with signing date in December.

Evidently he wants out and is tired of the criticism from dumbass Bama fans concerning not putting enough points on the board. Could this happen in the next few weeks just before our game or even sooner which would definitely put them in a bind ? Saban would be pulling his hair out !
Midgets have hair?

He’d be a solid choice for GT or Nebraska for that matter but who’d want that job? Think GT would be a good fit with GA crumbs and lower expectations

Well, if you sign on with the Devil, you go thru hell.

Fu&k Bill OBrien

I’ve yet to see Saban miss a beat, no matter who the offensive or defensive coordinators are.

A mid season shuffle may slow them down for a few weeks. Hopefully we’ll get to find out.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
There is no chance that BOB (or any other coach) leaves mid-season. He wouldn't even be allowed to interview until after the SECCG.

But after that, if he gets a new job, I wish him the best.

Reactions: Boston Vol
Well, if you sign on with the Devil, you go thru hell.

Fu&k Bill OBrien

Geez man, that seems harsh.

I actually like O’Brien. The dude took the Penn State job when no one else was going to touch that job with a 10 foot poll, and did some great things there.

He foolishly got lulled into the NFL, and has been trying to rebuild his career since that fell flat. I got no beef with the guy.

No he didn’t. He got fired by Saban after their playoff semifinal win against Washington, he didn’t voluntarily leave. And it was when he was going to FAU, not Ole Miss.
Lane was too busy being a full-on jack wad and the rest of the time he was recruiting for FAU. It was like that Mayhem guy rolled through Tuscaloosa. That was so awesome.

Reactions: VolDave53
Or what? Is there a special tampering rule for coaches? Does he get locked up in the Tower of Birmingham?
It’s just not done. There’s a way of doing things and whomever’s courting him will honor it. No AD is going to put their face on interfering with other programs seasons.

I predict BOB will take a cush job somewhere he won't be expected to do much and can spend more time with his family. It's been reported he wants back in the NFL, but given how it ended for him, I don't imagine any teams will come calling. GT would seem like a good fit there.

VN Store

Back