'25 GA TE London Merritt

Woodward Academy (Ga.)'s London Merritt is one of the top recruits in the early stages of the 2025 class – and that is shown in the level of programs that have stepped up their recruitment of him as of late.

The list of programs includes Tennessee, and Merritt detailed his recruitment with VolReport.
Tennessee has continued its push for the blue-chip recruit, and Merritt returned the favor with a visit to Knoxville this March – where he was able to talk with senior defensive assistant Levon Harbin and head coach Josh Heupel.

"When we were at Tennessee, we were greeted with respect and good energy by Coach Chop," Merritt told VolReport. "Then, my family and I had a great conversation with Coach Heupel."

The four-star came away impressed with the Vols' coaching staff following the visit.

"What stood out to me was the coaching staff’s enthusiasm and energy they gave off when we were there," Merritt said.
Merritt does plan to return to Knoxville.

"I plan to try and make it to a few games this fall at Alabama, Tennessee, Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame," said Merritt.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see Georgia get a visit as well if the Bulldogs were to offer Merritt.

These visits could prove to be substantial in Merritt's recruitment, with a relatively early timeline for when he wants to announce a commitment. While he does not have a specific time frame set, he does have an idea of when he wants to reach a decision.

"I want to have a commitment done by probably the spring of next year," Merritt said.
Merritt has his eyes set on lofty goals this season for a Woodward Academy (Ga.) team that went 11-2 last season in Georgia's 6A class.

"As a team, we need to work our hardest throughout the season and win the state championship," Merritt said. "My personal goal is to get 20-plus sacks this year."
- VolReport

VN Store

Back