‘23 VA ATH Brandyn Hillman

I wonder if he's being recruited for offense or defense? I thought they wanted another potential corner and this kid is definitely a safety on defense. He will knock your socks off. He's an option QB, so I don't know if he'd translate to RB or WR on offense?

I wonder if he's being recruited for offense or defense? I thought they wanted another potential corner and this kid is definitely a safety on defense. He will knock your socks off. He's an option QB, so I don't know if he'd translate to RB or WR on offense?

Looks to me like the kind of athlete you take when you need to continue to upgrade your overall talent level and don't have a 25-signee cap...

Looks to me like the kind of athlete you take when you need to continue to upgrade your overall talent level and don't have a 25-signee cap...
No 25 cap, but still have the 85 cap. We still don't have a lot of guys whose eligibility is up. I know there will be some guys that hit the portal, but it still won't give us much wiggle room beyond 25 if anyone uses their extra Covid year.

No 25 cap, but still have the 85 cap. We still don't have a lot of guys whose eligibility is up. I know there will be some guys that hit the portal, but it still won't give us much wiggle room beyond 25 if anyone uses their extra Covid year.
So with the 85 cap how many can we take
For 2023?

So with the 85 cap how many can we take
For 2023?
It is dependent on how many people are allowed to use their Covid year and how many people hit the portal after the season. Right now I think we have like 26 or 27 possible spots if nobody uses the Covid year, but we know Joe Milton will most likely use his.

It is dependent on how many people are allowed to use their Covid year and how many people hit the portal after the season. Right now I think we have like 26 or 27 possible spots if nobody uses the Covid year, but we know Joe Milton will most likely use his.
I think it’s safe to say Callaway and Whitehead are gone. I also don’t see Merrill sticking around either

I think it’s safe to say Callaway and Whitehead are gone. I also don’t see Merrill sticking around either
You are assuming that Calloway and Merrill will be complete non-factors this season. We still have at least 8 games to play. I see Merrill at the very least getting significant reps. I agree with Whitehead though. He may retire all together.

You are assuming that Calloway and Merrill will be complete non-factors this season. We still have at least 8 games to play. I see Merrill at the very least getting significant reps. I agree with Whitehead though. He may retire all together.
And the fact that they may be bought into this team, system, and program and like Jalin Hyatt they will continue to work their craft to give themselves the opportunity for more playing time. We’re quick to help players quit so we can call them quitters.

It’s not that at all. The simple fact is unless someone gets hurt in this offense a WR is not going to get a lot of meaningful snaps if they’re not one of the top 5 guys. If Hyatt and Bru both stick around another year I just don’t see a lot of reps in their future. Holiday is ahead of them on the depth chart and I’m sure Nimrod, White, and Webb will be by next year too, and isn’t Keyton able to get another year of eligibility? Plus we have Seldon and Leacock coming in. I just think it will be difficult for them to get meaningful reps with the WR room were set to have next year. Hopefully I’m wrong because they’re both good players, but with the talent we’re lined up to have next year at WR I just don’t see them breaking that top 5

Because Whitehead can’t stay healthy. As far as the WRs go I think the combination of talent in the WR room and us only playing 4-5 WRs in meaningful time hurts their chances at getting on the field after this season. If Hyatt and Bru don’t declare and Keyton takes his extra COVID year that’s 3 guys already ahead of them. Plus Holiday and likely 2 of the 3 of White, Nimrod, and Webb and I’m sure this staff is going to find ways to get the ball to a guy like Seldon with him being an EE and we have Leacock coming in

Because Whitehead can’t stay healthy. As far as the WRs go I think the combination of talent in the WR room and us only playing 4-5 WRs in meaningful time hurts their chances at getting on the field after this season. If Hyatt and Bru don’t declare and Keyton takes his extra COVID year that’s 3 guys already ahead of them. Plus Holiday and likely 2 of the 3 of White, Nimrod, and Webb and I’m sure this staff is going to find ways to get the ball to a guy like Seldon with him being an EE and we have Leacock coming in
The rotation would be larger if guys prove they can be trusted in practice. The coaches actually want a rotation of 7 guys at receiver. They have to have seven guys they trust to get it done. We've had 2 separate guys now (Keyton and Hyatt) say that their limited reps were because they didn't put in the necessary work.

VN Store

Back