What can we expect from LSU and what does it take to win this game?

They have talent at all levels. But they also have Brian Kelly. Tennessee needs to score, early and often. Make LSU one dimensional and have to play catch up. 38 beat Florida, even though their qb had 450 yards & four touchdowns. Somewhere between there and our average of 48 we should be fine.

Simmons & Thomas playing at the same time up front gives us good size and power inside. I hope to see as much of that as physically possible going forward on early downs and obvious running situations. I expect us to give up an easy touchdown pass to them (or 2), but we can't let them throw it around at will. I don't think they can outscore us in a shoot out. But if it is a close, low scoring game they have hope being @ home.

Tennessee wins on the road with coaching & quarterback play.

They have talent at all levels. But they also have Brian Kelly. Tennessee needs to score, early and often. Make LSU one dimensional and have to play catch up. 38 beat Florida, even though their qb had 450 yards & four touchdowns. Somewhere between there and our average of 48 we should be fine.

Simmons & Thomas playing at the same time up front gives us good size and power inside. I hope to see as much of that as physically possible going forward on early downs and obvious running situations. I expect us to give up an easy touchdown pass to them (or 2), but we can't let them throw it around at will. I don't think they can outscore us in a shoot out. But if it is a close, low scoring game they have hope being @ home.

Tennessee wins on the road with coaching & quarterback play.
Vols 45
LSU 37

Could be another Pitt /Fla type game. LSU only scored 7 in the first half against Miss St. Miss St shot themselves in the foot a couple times which helped LSU get the win 31-16. If we play well I can see us winning by 10-14 points.
If we can hold them to 7 in the first half, they're screwed. We'll score 24+ in the 1st half.

I haven't seen many games with LSU this year and was wondering how we stack up against them. Will it be an uphill battle for us?
It's strength on strength. Our O against their D.

Their oline has underperformed this year. Our secondary has underperformed.

The concern is their D is a better version of Pitt's D.
Gonna be a big challenge.

I really hope not but LSU has a good passing attack and we have a bad pass defense and that’s being kind. Our offense is legit but they’re going to have an off week or two where they just don’t have it that day.
Their OL is subpar. Our run defense is good. We'll get enough push and pressure to rattle their QB and, in turn, help our defensive backfield.

They won't be able to run and there passing attack will be held in check. Pretty much no one can stop our offensive consistently. We'll simply score more than they can. . . this all is assuming we protect the ball and the refs call an equal/fair game.

Tenn OL has to play their best game yet. LSU is very good on DL, especially edge guys. They lost a preseason All SEC DT for the season in the first game, plugged another 5* Freshman in and he’s playing good. Their DBs are the weak spot.

LSU has great WRs, equal to ours, and good QB. Their weakness on offense is OL. Tennessee DL has to win their match ups and get after Daniels. He’s very elusive but I don’t think he has Richardson speed. He can kill you running thou.

Then it would be #4th ranked Tennessee @ home versus second ranked Alabama. My goodness will that be lit!!!!!
If that happens, the amount of crimson in the stands diminishes considerably.
over the past 15-20 years, we’ve all been sickened at UT/Bama games in Neyland where there was 20,000 or more Bama fans in stands because Vol fans expecting a big loss decided to make some quick cash and sold their tickets to Tide fans.
But I think that ends this year. Even if we lose to LSU, but especially if we win, there is no way that Vol fans will sell their tickets. It will be an insane crowd. Imagine if we score first how loud our crowd will be. Goose bumps!
I know, getting ahead of myself.
bye week: get healthy
Baton Rouge: Breakfast beignets & a Bayou Beatdown
TSIO: An incredible scene. If Vols pull the upset, both goalposts end up in Tennessee river. And in 9 months, thousands of babies born throughout Tennessee will be named Josh or Joshetta.

I think we win by 17 to 24 points, I know it sounds crazy but we have been involved in two shootout games already, I think the defense will have a better game plan and we can score on anybody, I just think this may be a true breakout game where both sides play well in the same game, its gonna happen eventually, why not against LSU?

This will be the toughest opponent we've played to this point IMO. Their secondary is very good. We need Tillman to play but I don't see him being ready. They have a really good DT QB but they have a piss poor O-Line. We have to get to the QB because our secondary will get shredded if we don't. This game is a coin flip imo. If it's high scoring we win. If it's low scoring we loose.

LSU hasn’t done much in the first quarter so far.. If we can jump on them early and often, and put the pedal to the metal! I do not think they can catch up with us. It would be nice to see some decent secondary play to make it more comfortable… everything is in our favor. Especially the 11 AM start time! GBO!!!

VN Store

Back