Arian Foster Gets Emotional Talking About His Return To UT

Pretty cool story. Almost allegorical.
Indeed. Arian seems to be realizing his relationships with many of the adults in his life in Knoxville was profoundly different than his interpretations of them at the time. Very close to this parable, which I'll only give the last line of because I'm betting most of us have heard it before:

"My dear, beloved son. I never left you. When you saw only one set of footsteps in the sand, I was carrying you."

That dude crapped on our program after leaving. I remember watching MNF and he listed his high school as his team instead of the Vols. Now I am not one to hold grudges but it takes more than that video to convince me he has changed.

That dude crapped on our program after leaving. I remember watching MNF and he listed his high school as his team instead of the Vols. Now I am not one to hold grudges but it takes more than that video to convince me he has changed.

Yeah, but to be fair, the pressure and expectations put on our (not just us, other passionate fanbases as well) players and the way they can be treated after some mistakes can be challenging to deal with. These guys are still young and learning how to handle noise that puts more blame than they deserve on them when things go bad and gives them too much credit when things are good. It’s part of the game, and something they have to learn how to do, but frankly I’m surprised more players don’t say things that eventually they probably regret.

Imagine. You gave up being a 2nd/3rd round pick and instant millionaire for your poor family to come back to try and win a title (with the head coach giving you advice to come back). Then you went 5-7 because your head coach cared about running his own offense and maintaining as much power as possible so the new OC doesn’t get too much credit. You get injured, you don’t break the school record, you lose your starting spot to a less talented player. Then you go undrafted and lose millions of dollars, having to play for league minimum for 3-4 years. And also half the fan base gives you **** because even though you actually were pretty good at protecting the ball, you fumbled at a few inopportune times, a couple which weren’t even your fault.

Yeah, you’d be bitter too.

VN Store

Back