Stadium Renovation Review

biggestvols

Whoever was in charge of designing the last stadium renovation should never be permitted to lay a finger on Neyland again. The new Jumbotron is way to small. I sat on the river side for the first time expecting to watch the new TV and it’s not big enough. They took out thousands of seats to make a little screen and a stupid deck that no one will use. Terrible…they should’ve made it like the other side.

Whoever was in charge of designing the last stadium renovation should never be permitted to lay a finger on Neyland again. The new Jumbotron is way to small. I sat on the river side for the first time expecting to watch the new TV and it’s not big enough. They took out thousands of seats to make a little screen and a stupid deck that no one will use. Terrible…they should’ve made it like the other side.
It is the exact same size as the other one, just looks smaller cause it’s not above the stadium.

I don’t like it either but not for these reasons. The screen just looks so out of place where it is,

iu

Exactly why they should do the exact same thing with the south end zone. Move the Jumbotron down, add the party deck, Chairbacks and cover the upper deck
And take away the VOLS signs they put up a couple months ago? I'm doubting that will happen

tenor.gif

From a structural engineering standpoint, and a cost standpoint, there is a quite expensive structure holding up the South Jumbotron. I've seen renderings of the South exterior renovations, and they look like they don't use these there, or my guess, is that in these architectural renderings, they fill in blanks with hypotheticals, for instance this image has the north jumbotron above the stadium. I would hope they would try and incorporate the structural steel holding up the south jumbotron, but if the old steel looks too rustic, they will probably get rid of it.

1664667528200.png
1664667629086.png

Reactions: feathersax
Just goes to show that you can never please everyone :eek::eek:

Some FL fans who visited advised they thought the new Jumbotron was nice and the envrionemen electric. In fact, they said Neyland is so much nicer than the Swamp. I can’t comment as never been there, nor ever seen the the party plaza deck.

The Danny Deck is a nice add to replace otherwise less than in demand seats, although they were chair backs in the upper deck, same thing could be done in the south end, as the upper deck is not ordinarily full except on the games against SEC leading teams,

Still need to improve the in stadium cellular signal, use the jumbo trons to apprise fans of other happenings in the conference, but the crowded concourses, insane parking and access issues and the ongoing struggles with paperless ticketing are here to stay

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I’ve never wanted a smaller TV or even the same. I’ve never seen a TV too big. It could have been much bigger with the same space. Less scoreboard more Jumbotron.

Didn’t they only end up removing like 500 seats? But it was replaced with the SRO party deck?

Didn’t they only end up removing like 500 seats? But it was replaced with the SRO party deck?

On top of that the most common unsold sections in the S upper deck are now more desirable with a jumbotron to view. Not to mention I would think we could get rid of a bunch of those hangy down TVs in the S endzone, especially with the new one being lower than the original. How many lower level seats under the decks now have a better experience like those on the other end of the field? Can anybody sitting near the top of the lower bowl address that?

The only part I'm not a fan of are the fancy padded seats that are empty most games. I know the "why", but I'm not going to like it.

On top of that the most common unsold sections in the S upper deck are now more desirable with a jumbotron to view. Not to mention I would think we could get rid of a bunch of those hangy down TVs in the S endzone, especially with the new one being lower than the original. How many lower level seats under the decks now have a better experience like those on the other end of the field? Can anybody sitting near the top of the lower bowl address that?
Probably need to keep hangy down TVs under the upper decks. I've sat in the higher rows of Y several times and when I stand up I can't see the South jumbotron.
Edit: might be different on the south end since the new jumbotron is lower in the stadium. But definitely need those TVs on the north side for replays, etc.

From a structural engineering standpoint, and a cost standpoint, there is a quite expensive structure holding up the South Jumbotron. I've seen renderings of the South exterior renovations, and they look like they don't use these there, or my guess, is that in these architectural renderings, they fill in blanks with hypotheticals, for instance this image has the north jumbotron above the stadium. I would hope they would try and incorporate the structural steel holding up the south jumbotron, but if the old steel looks too rustic, they will probably get rid of it.

View attachment 496134
View attachment 496135

I believe the intention there that is not fully illustrated in the picture is to build out the concourse l in the south end zone to the point where the existing Jumbotron support structure will move inside the brick you see there.

VN Store

Back