Around the SEC

Frosty

Looking around at today’s slate of Games, I wouldn’t say that we are guaranteed to run the table, but that we definitely should be in battles with anyone in the nation. Our offense is the strongest in the country, and with a couple opportunistic plays on defense, i think that we certainly could bring down the Bamas and Georgias of the world.
Missouri currently up on Georgia, Bama isn’t as dangerous as they once were, and we have LSU at noon with a new coach.
Again, we may not and shouldn’t be favored, but definitely have the horses to run with anyone. And yes, this bye week is killing me.
Go vols

Looking around at today’s slate of Games, I wouldn’t say that we are guaranteed to run the table, but that we definitely should be in battles with anyone in the nation. Our offense is the strongest in the country, and with a couple opportunistic plays on defense, i think that we certainly could bring down the Bamas and Georgias of the world.
Missouri currently up on Georgia, Bama isn’t as dangerous as they once were, and we have LSU at noon with a new coach.
Again, we may not and shouldn’t be favored, but definitely have the horses to run with anyone. And yes, this bye week is killing me.
Go vols
Uh, before we start dancing on the 2 yard line, better know that Bama will be Bama, LSU has won like 80% of their conference 11am kickoffs at home, and lets see.....yeah we still have defensive liabilities. i'm hoping for good stuff too but i aint getting pulled in to any early giddiness.

Uh, before we start dancing on the 2 yard line, better know that Bama will be Bama, LSU has won like 80% of their conference 11am kickoffs at home, and lets see.....yeah we still have defensive liabilities. i'm hoping for good stuff too but i aint getting pulled in to any early giddiness.
Hell that’s what being a fan is all about! This is the best team we’ve had in years and we definitely CAN win every game, as unlikely as it is. That’s why we watch the games!

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Seems to be more parity than we’ve seen in a long time! Our offense can keep us in the game against anybody but we don’t have the defense to withstand dry spells on offense like we had against Pitt. Need a few more recruiting classes on defense to compete with the big boys.

Go vols

I can't agree with much you are saying, but the highlighted above is what you say that I take the most exception to. To be this offense you are talking about, you need a good running game to go with a good passing game. Our run game is below average to me.

Reactions: HiltonHeadVol
I can't agree with much you are saying, but the highlighted above is what you say that I take the most exception to. To be this offense you are talking about, you need a good running game to go with a good passing game. Our run game is below average to me.
I know we're not supposed to covet, but I can't help but wonder what we would be like on offense if we had gotten Gibbs or even Tank.

What has to be stated is this: that offensive effort against Fla was one for the ages. Never punting, Hook with a career-best day, a productive running game....you just cannot assume that is now a given. We still need to focus on consistent running game, giving qB time in pocket, and re-working scheme/personnel in the secondary to continue to grow and win.

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back