Thoughts on Brian Kelley

BlueLineVolFan

Before anyone even says it. I played for an old school football coach. Dude would yell non stop and cuss us. He was tough to play for but he was like a father figure to all of us. We respected him and he respected us. I say that to say this. Brian Kelley comes off like a total D word! The way he called the back up a “Mother F**ker” The way he looks at his players like they are illiterate and worthless. If I’m being honest I’ve never even watched a full game of him coaching but I can’t stand the guy. Why any recruit would wanna play for that guy is crazy! That is all

Before anyone even says it. I played for an old school football coach. Dude would yell non stop and cuss us. He was tough to play for but he was like a father figure to all of us. We respected him and he respected us. I say that to say this. Brian Kelley comes off like a total D word! The way he called the back up a “Mother F**ker” The way he looks at his players like they are illiterate and worthless. If I’m being honest I’ve never even watched a full game of him coaching but I can’t stand the guy. Why any recruit would wanna play for that guy is crazy! That is all
Good leaders never have to call anyone a mother effer.

I think he will do well at LSU. The place needs a real head coach after years of being ran by a Cajun
Interesting. I'll take any bets from those who think Brian Kelly will win as many National Championships as Ed Orgeron.

With all that said. Georgia Tech is beating Pittsburgh by 12 in the 4th quarter.

I think he's a square peg in a round hole.

I think he feels uncomfortable there, and so is continuously "acting." He's not being himself, he's being what he thinks would fit better. Which means those Cajuns aren't going to buy it. They're good at sniffing out a fake.

I give him three years at most. He may be a decent coach, but he doesn't seem to be a very good person, and he's going to be a failure there.

Someone said he should've stayed at Notre Dame. I think they're right.

Go Vols!

I think he's a square peg in a round hole.

I think he feels uncomfortable there, and so is continuously "acting." He's not being himself, he's being what he thinks would fit better. Which means those Cajuns aren't going to buy it. They're good at sniffing out a fake.

I give him three years at most. He may be a decent coach, but he doesn't seem to be a very good person, and he's going to be a failure there.

Someone said he should've stayed at Notre Dame. I think they're right.

Go Vols!

Idk. I think he could work out well there. Les Miles was also a culture shock similar how BK is now. Turned out well for Les.

Idk. I think he could work out well there. Les Miles was also a culture shock similar how BK is now. Turned out well for Les.
Les was (is) semi-insane, but he was genuine. He said the craziest things, but that was only because he was thinking the craziest things, and then opened his mouth and said them out loud.

The Cajuns don't mind crazy. They're used to crazy. But they hate two-faced people.

In short, Les could make his thing work. I don't think Kelley's will. He will continue to rub them the wrong way.

edit: corrected terminology, with thanks to SF for pointing it out.

Last edited:
Les was (is) semi-insane, but he was genuine. He said the craziest things, but that was only because he was thinking the craziest things, and then opened his mouth and said them out loud.

The Cajuns don't mind crazy. They're used to crazy. But they hate facetiousness.

In short, Les could make his thing work. I don't think Kelley's will. He will continue to rub them the wrong way.

Cajuns hate facetiousness? That’s the thesis? You started at immorality, then seemed to veer into inauthenticity, but land on facetiousness? He’ll be run off for his jocularity, of all things? Oooh those Cajun. Who knew? That guy has some terrible flaws. He’s a bad leader. He’s dangerous with kids. It won’t be his facetiousness that takes him down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Cajuns hate facetiousness? That’s the thesis? You started at immorality, then seemed to veer into inauthenticity, but land on facetiousness? He’ll be run off for his jocularity, of all things? Oooh those Cajun. Who knew?
Heh, I misspoke. I used facetious in the wrong way.

I meant the dude is being fake. And the LSU student body and fan base are going to notice, and they're not going to accept him.

My bad for being super unclear about what I meant. :)

Last edited:
I understand he’s a fabulous human being. Donate quite a bit of money to charity and works for young men to help develop them for the future. I hear he’s even saved a life for two. High moral character and a great example.

The Cajuns don't mind crazy. They're used to crazy. But they hate facetiousness.

I get it. The fake accent didn’t help his case lol

I actually liked Les . He was kookie, but funny most of the time. BK is just awkward as hell down there.

You are reading quite a bit into him, since by your own admission you have "never even watched a full game" of him. So to your point, I think you have absolutely no idea why any recruit would play for him because you are limited, apparently, to "the way he looks at players on the sideline".

I suspect his players know him better than that. Maybe, just a little bit. ;):p

VN Store

Back