Schiano Is Garbage

Ya as hard as it is to conceive…schiano would’ve been even worse than Pruitt. It goes back to Currie. How on earth could that dweeb have been so freakin dumb when it comes to something like that? He’s obviously not a “dumb” guy. But definitely not smart in that particular area. And truthfully…Fulmer is an idiot too. How could a guy that was once a national championship winning coach be so out of touch with todays game. He sat with Pruitt and thought ya…he’s the rockstar I want leading our program. Wow. Dumb and Dumber apparently

Regardless of his poor coaching or poor coaching choices, we don’t want a big time representative of UT having evidence against him that he cowered and allowed a child rapist to continue his abuse against children. If you’re not fresh on the case, I’d suggest you look into Schiano’s history regarding Jerry Sandusky. Nothing proven in a court of law, but everybody also knows OJ was guilty.

We blame it on House Haslam but for Currie Schiano was a predetermined choice that had all of his own predetermined confidence. That leads to crafting the pros and minimizing (if not outright deleting) the cons. When it works you get White with Heupel and when it doesn’t? Well they wrote a book…😏

but why is Ohio State running a fake punt up 39 points in the 4th quarter?!? I like Ryan Day, but that's bush league
Seems like it might’ve been something the punter was taught. If they leave half the field empty and it’s 4th and short, just take it. And the punter just stuck to that despite the school

Ya as hard as it is to conceive…schiano would’ve been even worse than Pruitt. It goes back to Currie. How on earth could that dweeb have been so freakin dumb when it comes to something like that? He’s obviously not a “dumb” guy. But definitely not smart in that particular area. And truthfully…Fulmer is an idiot too. How could a guy that was once a national championship winning coach be so out of touch with todays game. He sat with Pruitt and thought ya…he’s the rockstar I want leading our program. Wow. Dumb and Dumber apparently
That whole decade (2010-2020) was a total cluster of bad luck, bad decisions, bad hires, undeserved contract extensions, and terrible QB recruiting.

thank God Volnation revolted against his hire. I still can't believe Currie thought we would like the hire. Wait, let me rephrase that. I can't believe Haslem thought we'd like the hire

Well, dduncan,? Thing were a complete mess back then. And what they got instead? Well that wasn't exactly a grand prize either. Don't get me wrong, I agree. Schiano isn't worth a stale bucket of mule urine.

But in the end? Hopefully we have gotten past replacing one groupo morons for the next group of morons. The fan base has had way too much of that this century.

Are you talking about the coward who let a grown man violate a child in the showers? Yeah, I think that’s enough to keep him out of our neck of the woods in any capacity.

Well, that is like accusing someone of murder without any evidence. This is like starting a campire with dry leaves. Lots of smoke, very little heat.

Schiano runs over there to stop his guys from getting a penalty and then does the same thing.
I swear it looks like Schiano is screaming to Day to "Stop running up the score"
Kind of joking, a little not.

Regardless of his poor coaching or poor coaching choices, we don’t want a big time representative of UT having evidence against him that he cowered and allowed a child rapist to continue his abuse against children. If you’re not fresh on the case, I’d suggest you look into Schiano’s history regarding Jerry Sandusky. Nothing proven in a court of law, but everybody also knows OJ was guilty.

I never liked Schiano even before the Vols had an agreement in place. His players in Tampa hated him for a reason. But there's not any actual evidence against him in this case. All there was is a claim based on 3rd hand information from another coach. But the coach he allegedly heard the story from denied he ever said it.

Could it have happened? Sure. And it wouldn't surprise me because anyone associated with Penn State during that time deserves some skepticism. But 3rd party accusations are not evidence. However, it was pretty bad optics considering we were coming off Title IX violations ourselves. There was no reason at all to consider him.

I dont blame Schiano. OSU ran a fake punt up 40 in the 4th quarter and the Rutgers guy who blasted the punter was getting smacked by OSU players on the sideline.

I have no issue with Schiano acting that way after what OSU did...

Strongly disagree. It looks exactly like a regular rugby style punt where the punter kicks it 99% of the time. As you can see, the rest of the OSU players weren't blocking at all and looked surprised it was happening. One of the OL even taps his teammates arm to get his attention to the punter running down the sideline. So it seems rather clear to me that it was a split second decision by the punter that he had been coached to do when the defense didn't have containment. And his decision was correct as he got the 1st down pretty easily.

The Rutgers got what he deserved with the ejection. And maybe should have been tagged with targeting to be suspended for the first half of the next game, imo.

Last edited:
The punter made the correct decision given the formation Rutgers presented. It's not his job to "consider the score". Schiano put in a punt blocking formation, he SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that a well trained punter might take advantage of it. That's the risk HE CHOSE to take. No different than when HE CHOSE to risk the onside kick in the first quarter, and lost his bet.

I never liked Schiano even before the Vols had an agreement in place. His players in Tampa hated him for a reason. But there's not any actual evidence against him in this case. All there was is a claim based on 3rd hand information from another coach. But the coach he allegedly heard the story from denied he ever said it.

Could it have happened? Sure. And it wouldn't surprise me because anyone associated with Penn State during that time deserves some skepticism. But 3rd party accusations are not evidence. However, it was pretty bad optics considering we were coming off Title IX violations ourselves. There was no reason at all to consider him.
Oh yes there is evidence in Tampa, he was instrumental in covering up MRSA in addition to being an outright jackass!

We blame it on House Haslam but for Currie Schiano was a predetermined choice that had all of his own predetermined confidence. That leads to crafting the pros and minimizing (if not outright deleting) the cons. When it works you get White with Heupel and when it doesn’t? Well they wrote a book…😏
But it was Haslam. He had previously looked at hiring Schiano for Cleveland. And they are still very much calling the shots, they just lucked out with hiring Danny White, who lucked out on hiring Heupel. Heupel wasn’t on any short list of coaches. They ran out of options.

VN Store

Back