If You’d Have Told Me 20 Years Ago….

Question is, when is OU going to come hard after Coach Heupel?

Due diligence will require them to at least start an inquiry. But if Coach is trending in a way to make that practical, will he seriously entertain leaving a program on the rise, while working for a man he is in lock step with, and moving his family from Knoxville to the middle of OK? Does the nature of his departure from there still linger in his thought processes? Has he studied the Doug Dickey leaving UT for his alma mater story? What does he believe about recruiting difficulty to OK while in the SEC? If he still claims Aberdeen SD as home, it is a 12 hour drive to go visit.

You never know, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

I think when they basically fired him, that bridge was burned to a point in 2015. At least I’ve heard them rumblings he was Heisnan runner up QB coach for Heisman Sam Bradford and OC when they let him go. This is how you treat a red headed step child. Not one of your most prominent FB ALUMNUS.

Due diligence will require them to at least start an inquiry. But if Coach is trending in a way to make that practical, will he seriously entertain leaving a program on the rise, while working for a man he is in lock step with, and moving his family from Knoxville to the middle of OK? Does the nature of his departure from there still linger in his thought processes? Has he studied the Doug Dickey leaving UT for his alma mater story? What does he believe about recruiting difficulty to OK while in the SEC? If he still claims Aberdeen SD as home, it is a 12 hour drive to go visit.

You never know, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

My intel from OU says he never got over the way they kicked him to the curb. Treat him right and he'll be here a long time, winning a lot of games. Bear in mind of course that is low-level intel at best...

If they were going to go after him, it would have been last year. Venables couldn’t turn down that job at all. He was smart man to take it. However; he was not the right hire for them.

Reactions: UTFanHades
With Danny white being at Tennessee I think it will be hard for CJH to just up and leave. I think he really likes it here. I usually get kind of worried when I hear a rumor like this but this time it just feels different I think we got a coach who is dedicated to getting Tennessee back to where it belongs. If it's money.. I think Danny white gives him what he wants. With the extention he's here until 2028 I believe..

If Heupel can bring in some more high rated recruits, He can have Tennessee in the playoff picture in another year or two. Contending for the SEC championship every year will put him in the neighborhood of Saban and Smart as far as money is concerned. Who would want to match what he can make at Tennessee in that case? I believe the man is here because he loves it here, and ain't looking to leave.

My intel from OU says he never got over the way they kicked him to the curb. Treat him right and he'll be here a long time, winning a lot of games. Bear in mind of course that is low-level intel at best...
This is my understanding. Stoops made him a scapegoat when it came to protecting his brother. Stoops is still king over there and I’ve heard there’s still bad blood. I’ve heard some speculation that the greatest danger of losing him would be to the NFL and I can believe it. Fortunately, college coaching pays better than the League these days. We keep him happy and I think he knows what a special place this is and what kind of a coach he can be here. If he lives up to his potential, the only person he’ll ever be in the shadow of is General Neyland.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Oklahoma will be an after thought and why leave what you built and be a king in Knoxville? I’m sure venebles gets more time considering how much they lost in the portal. No way does he leave Iamaleava

He’s got HIS AD in place…never underrate that factor.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
And LSU will be in the top 25 this week.

Don’t think we’d have to worry about that. He left them on bad terms and basically ran out of town. Just because he previously played there doesn’t mean it’s his dream to coach for them. TN can match any other program in terms of paying for a coach so we will be fine

Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back