Lots of LSU fans claiming their freshman QB who apparently is more of a pure passer than Daniels might start

BigOrangePaddy

Garrett Nussmeier who was rated a high 4 star prospect out of Texas.

I personally want us to play against Daniels simply because he can not stand in the pocket snd throw the ball downfield and plays scared in big games. Our dline will give him panic attacks.

A QB, even a freshman, who has the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes is literally kryptonite for our defense.

I personally want us to play against Daniels simply because he can not stand in the pocket snd throw the ball downfield and plays scared in big games. Our dline will give him panic attacks.

A QB, even a freshman, who has the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes is literally kryptonite for our defense.
Solid coaching decision if true and the kid is ready. Any half competent coaching staff will attack our secondary early and often. Go for the glaring weakness if it's there.

Reactions: Imallvol and 08Vol

That's what Pitt was saying about Slovis.

Daniels definitely is not good at going down field with his passes and lacks the confidence to do so. His biggest threat are busted plays after he scrambles around some like AR but not nearly as naturally gifted or as a freakish athlete.

This new kid though is apparently mote of a natural gunslinger type.

Not going to lie, our secondary scares the **** out of me against any QB that can somewhat accurately throw the ball downfield. Haven't watched his tape yet so no idea how good he is.

Reactions: ohnnyvol1

I would gladly take a pure pocket passer with minimal running ability over mobile QB at this point. Is Daniels too injured to play?

I would gladly take a pure pocket passer with minimal running ability over mobile QB at this point. Is Daniels too injured to play?

Not sure on his injury, but if you take away his scrambing ability, he is not a threat passing the ball even against our bad pass defense.

90 percent of his passing yards/stats come from short outs, dump offs and screens basically. Kind of reminds me of a much more mobile version of JG actually only with a weaker arm.

Tennessee needs to jump up on LSU fast and early like Auburn did.

We can't afford any early turnovers like we had that first potential scoring drive from our tightend against Florida.

If you go back and rewatch that game we shot ourselves in the foots many times and literally kept Florida in the game. Should have won by 3 scores at least.

Tennessee needs to jump up on LSU fast and early like Auburn did.

We can't afford any early turnovers like we had that first potential scoring drive from our tightend against Florida.

If you go back and rewatch that game we shot ourselves in the foots jany times and literally kept Florida in the game. Should have won by 3 scores at least.

A 21-0 lead at the end of the first quarter would sure take the crowd out of the game.

I'd say a "pocket passer" is great for Tennessee. It means the defense can blitz. Richardson looked great because the threat of him running staved off the blitz and forced The Vols to stop the run and live/die with the secondary. If their freshman is elusive and a good passer, we got trouble. If he's a statue back there, he'll be in for a long day.

I'd say a "pocket passer" is great for Tennessee. It means the defense can blitz. Richardson looked great because the threat of him running staved off the blitz and forced The Vols to stop the run and live/die with the secondary. If their freshman is elusive and a good passer, we got trouble. If he's a statue back there, he'll be in for a long day.

Just looked for his stats apparently he is not a true freshman and played last year with mediocre results.

329 yards passing, 50 percent completion rate with 2 tds and 2 ints. But also -49 yards rushing lol.

So yeah....i am assuming he is a statue and from the looks of it doesn't have the "it" factor when looking for a star QB. Might be better if he does start after looking at those numbers. I am also assuming those bad numbers came in garbage time against other team's backups as well or cupcake opponents.

He also has thrown 1 td to 2 ints this year so far with similar passing yards to last year.

Looks like LSU just doesn't have any real QBs on their roster this year.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Our defensive line against their Oline and a freshman pocket passer .. yes sir , I like those odds .
Blitz the crap out of him and see if he can pass the sphincter test. Just stay on your lanes to restrict the draws and screens. Pull the LB’s up to play the short passing game. Make them throw it over our heads.

Just looked for his stats apparently he is not a true freshman and played last year with mediocre results.

329 yards passing, 50 percent completion rate with 2 tds and 2 ints. But also -49 yards rushing lol.

So yeah....i am assuming he is a statue and from the looks of it doesn't have the "it" factor when looking for a star QB. Might be better if he does start after looking at those numbers. I am also assuming those bad numbers came in garbage time against other team's backups as well or cupcake opponents.

He also has thrown 1 td to 2 ints this year so far with similar passing yards to last year.

Looks like LSU just doesn't have any real QBs on their roster this year.
From the sound of that they should play Daniels, if they can. Nuss wood get the same treatment Slovis did and LSU doesn't have a great O line. Given the choice I'd rather they start the freshman.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back