Burrell - Out for the Season

Really unfortunate, I know he got a lot of flack but he was at least serviceable. That's not something we could say in the last game we played. Really hope Dee Williams is back this week, just to see what he's got.

Well we saw his replacements play last weekend and they got smoked. Maybe with the off week and this week they can at least get in better position but I think it is what it is for DB. Below average for SEC play.

Out for the season???

Didn't know he was ever in....😏

Oh quit. He hasn’t been playing great ball this year, and I’m sure he knows that, but he’s probably devastated by this news and he’s a Vol.

Tough break for the guy. Hopefully next year he comes back fired up and ready to make some noise.

So now everyone on here that’s been trashing Burrell is going to say this is a huge loss and we need him.

It is. It's generally considered our weakest position group and now not only is the #2 behind him now the starter, but the #3 is now the backup.

Fingers crossed we don't lose anyone else from this group.

Oh quit. He hasn’t been playing great ball this year, and I’m sure he knows that, but he’s probably devastated by this news and he’s a Vol.

Tough break for the guy. Hopefully next year he comes back fired up and ready to make some noise.
Or, transfers.

Sorry, I'm not a glutton for punishment.

Go Vols.

Sad to hear for his sake, but the truth is he has not played like an SEC level DB so far. Let a younger more talented guy get his shot.
Man you haven't been watching the "younger, more talented" players play this season then. The 3 were rotated at his position last week were nothing short of a disaster. Really hope we see some improvement from really our entire secondary in the bye week. I'm sure they know that to be fair.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Man you haven't been watching the "younger, more talented" players play this season then. The 3 were rotated at his position last week were nothing short of a disaster. Really hope we see some improvement from really our entire secondary in the bye week. I'm sure they know that to be fair.

First game against our biggest rival ever besides Bama and thrown into the fire against a red hot AR. I'll wait a few games before i judge them. Secondary is definitely our achilles heal though this year it seems.

VN Store

Back