LSU at tiger stadium toughest test this year

In regards to Atlanta, this game has huge implications. But if we lose, I don’t see this team folding. Too bad mizzou couldn’t pull of the upset of Georgia—We would be feeling much better about Atlanta today.

And yes it seems Florida found their footing against us. They are going to be a tough out the rest of the season. Maybe they will knock off the bulldogs for us and we can repay them by whooping Kentucky

Do you think Florida beats Miss St 38-16?
I doubt Florida barely scraps by vs Auburn. Idk who is better or worse. I do think Florida has a better Oline and our pass rush should get home more vs LSU. I expect us to send plenty of pressure from different positions to confuse their offense. Idk why they can do to slow down our offense.

it will be the toughest test this season to date... Hooker may also still be banged up a little with the shoulder injury

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Definitely the kind of game that solidifies what kind of team you have, I’m hoping they play to their potential and kick some tiger ass.

There should be no doubt LSU can play good defense. They won 21-17 BUT 7 of their 21 was a defensive TD AND they held a solid SEC team scoreless the whole second half. That means they can make adjustments as well as execute those adjustments on defense. I do think we're the better team but this is not going to be one of those where we run up and down the field very easily, especially in the first half. This will be closer than a lot of Vol fans think , we win but by 7 or less.

It is ONE GAME in the comeback. No more or less significant than Georgia or Alabama. We will win some, and we will lose some along this path. The tide is turning slowly, but it is turning. Be patient, have resolve, and have faith in your Vols, win or lose in any one game. Vols are not completely back, but they’re turning the corner to what will be a great program.

I still think Florida is a better team than LSU.
FL played Tennessee at a level far above what else they played previously. FL blows the doors off of UK if Richardson played them like he did UT.

The question is was that a one game outlier or is it real improvement that they can repeat.

FL played Tennessee at a level far above what else they played previously. FL blows the doors off of UK if Richardson played them like he did UT.

The question is was that a one game outlier or is it real improvement that they can repeat.

Or, the question could be, is Kentucky’s defensive backfield that much more competent than ours? And AR had a one time feast at our expense.

There should be no doubt LSU can play good defense. They won 21-17 BUT 7 of their 21 was a defensive TD AND they held a solid SEC team scoreless the whole second half. That means they can make adjustments as well as execute those adjustments on defense. I do think we're the better team but this is not going to be one of those where we run up and down the field very easily, especially in the first half. This will be closer than a lot of Vol fans think , we win but by 7 or less.
Their defense is undoubtedly good, I hope we can establish a solid run game and then air it out for a few soul-crushing long TDs. I think our defense actually matches up to their offense pretty good, as we’ve shown the ability to stop the run. I’m hoping for a 10-14 point win.

i don’t know how good lsu’s defense is, but auburn has the worst offense in the sec.

I expect us to send plenty of pressure from different positions to confuse their offense. Idk why they can do to slow down our offense.
All they have to do is line up and play. They have good talent. They won't be a pushover. We have to do down there about business and bring back a win. I'm interested in seeing us play a big game that is not Florida. And we certainly get our chance in the next two weeks....

I still think Florida is a better team than LSU.

Florida might have a better offense than LSU but I believe LSU has the better D. We got Florida at home and hung on to win by 5 but will have to beat LSU in Death Valley. I’m hoping for an offensive explosion from the Vols on Saturday so that it’s a boring game. I’d love a good old boring blowout win but it will probably be like the Pitt game.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
We passed the test at Pittsburgh facing a better team. We should be able to weather the storm in Baton Rouge.

In regards to Atlanta, this game has huge implications. But if we lose, I don’t see this team folding. Too bad mizzou couldn’t pull of the upset of Georgia—We would be feeling much better about Atlanta today.

And yes it seems Florida found their footing against us. They are going to be a tough out the rest of the season. Maybe they will knock off the bulldogs for us and we can repay them by whooping Kentucky
The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Auburn offense is not good. Take away their big win against mighty Mercer, and they average 17.5 points a game, and that includes against Missouri and San Jose State. Having said that, LSU has a respectable D, did well in second half vs Miss State. If we play our game and avoid most mistakes, we will win. GBO!!

LSU is the 8th most talented team in the country, playing at home, with a head coach who has 13 9+ win seasons in his career. This will be the biggest test by far, we've faced so far.

VN Store

Back