I’m Confident Against Vandy

I mean we have every reason to be confident, but we did against South Carolina too. I hope players and coaches are approaching this game as a superbowl or must win or whatever you wanna call it because if they come in with the mindset of “we are going to win bc we are better” they will get beat

I mean we have every reason to be confident, but we did against South Carolina too. I hope players and coaches are approaching this game as a superbowl or must win or whatever you wanna call it because if they come in with the mindset of “we are going to win bc we are better” they will get beat

To be fair, there was some locker room drama going on before the South Carolina game.

It could have been a distraction but I expect all of that to be cleared up by now.

To be fair, there was some locker room drama going on before the South Carolina game.

It could have been a distraction but I expect all of that to be cleared up by now.
Seems like a lot want to deny the effect that had on the team last week. It may not have lead to lead to a victory without it…..but it certainly wouldn’t have been THAT bad….surely.
I’m also in the minority thinking that Jeremy Banks shouldn’t take part. I think it’d be a distraction and hamper their performance. Emotional things tend to hang around. Hope I’m wrong.

Seems like a lot want to deny the effect that had on the team last week. It may not have lead to lead to a victory without it…..but it certainly wouldn’t have been THAT bad….surely.
I’m also in the minority thinking that Jeremy Banks shouldn’t take part. I think it’d be a distraction and hamper their performance. Emotional things tend to hang around. Hope I’m wrong.

I agree.

Banks getting into it with Hooker just seems very odd but I have no clue what was said or if the situation was overblown by the media.

I’ve heard through a reputable source (player parent) that the locker room dust up regarding the “T” happened, but beyond that everyone is tight lipped…..as one might expect. Sounds like things are in a resolution stage, but definitely had an effect at USCe. I believe we’ll see an improved performance tomorrow, but that stuff just doesn’t disappear.

Through my job, I communicate with several VFLs regularly. I asked a few to give me their word that Tennessee would beat Vandy.
A few notable responses were an emphatic guarantee from Jay Graham, and a refusal to make that guarantee from Dobbs.

Through my job, I communicate with several VFLs regularly. I asked a few to give me their word that Tennessee would beat Vandy.
A few notable responses were an emphatic guarantee from Jay Graham, and a refusal to make that guarantee from Dobbs.
Why would you ask someone to give you their word on something they have zero control over? Weird

Yeah, well...I'm anything other than "confident". After watching the UT defense get folded, spindled, and mutilated against USCe, I trust them about as much as I have a fart since I turned 50. Seriously, that game was on the level of the infamous "Jackson Massacre". Yes, that bad.

Add to that, Joe Milton makes his 2nd debut as the starting QB. He's looked good so far this year, but this ain't cleanup duty anymore. Now he's playing for keeps. Every play counts.

Confident? Far from it. This should have been, and should be a game where we rested our starters in the 2nd half, and hoped the CFP Committee rewarded us for an 11-1 record with a CFP bid. Whether we ready for it or not, we would have earned it. We were...literally...that close.

And then came the USCe game. We didn't crap the bed, we crapped all over the bedroom. We didn't fall short, we fell off a cliff. And in the process, we lost our Heisman-worthy QB, a chance to play for a Natty, 10 games worth of momentum, and oh...got buggered on national TV by a mid-pack SEC team.

Confident? Hardly. Our defense sucks. Team chemistry, which is huge, is a huge question mark right now. There's no taking away from what a phenomenal job CJH and his staff has done with this team in Year 2, but there is a readily apparent, consistent, and glaring weakness on this team right now, and it's pronounced "defense". When you add in the obvious questions about the fallout from the Jeremy Banks drama, then confidence is the last thing I'm feeling right now.

I want UT to win. I hope they win. They should win, and convincingly. But from this point forward, and until and unless UT improves significantly on defense, however that ends up getting done, then I'll look at this team...especially on the road at night...the same way I look at those over 50 farts...

...simply cannot be trusted.

Go Vols.

I’ve heard through a reputable source (player parent) that the locker room dust up regarding the “T” happened, but beyond that everyone is tight lipped…..as one might expect. Sounds like things are in a resolution stage, but definitely had an effect at USCe. I believe we’ll see an improved performance tomorrow, but that stuff just doesn’t disappear.

I get the feeling that they'll be one pissed off group ready to take it out on Vandy.

It’s really sad and a real shame that this had to happen during what would have been one of the most remarkable seasons in program history given everything that happened right before Heupel was hired and everything the program has been through since 2007. But what should we have expected, we’re Tennessee. Things like this typically happen to us. Still a great year and a very important one in our quest back to an SEC and national title.

VN Store

Back