Game Notes

EASTERN KENTUCKY

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols!!!

374566_20220914_WB_TeamPhoto_KL_0004__1__20uiY.jpg

Last edited:
Powell is the PG(flood general) that will take TN to the next level.
I’ll like to see this coaching staff fully give her the reigns to run the show.
There was a moment in the game where the most athletic guard/forward in the country J. Horston who has the ability to bring the ball up the court deferred to Powell instead which is a sign of trust! If you folks start watching the games intentionally, it’s clear that this group is ready to hit another gear. It’s time to turn the pressure up with B.Miles and Hollingshead.
No more games to waste experimenting. Put the best 5 on the court. Use the depth(the best bench in WCBB). Use the timeouts.

Last season, Tamari Key was stepping out to the free throw line and making jumpers at the top of the paint.. what happened to that offensive set? She was making that shot at a good percentage. Refs are giving her some bad calls on offensive/defensive fouls.. because they don’t allow her to get position in the post. Coach Harper let her settle in the game. Take the refs out of it. Give her a few field goals attempts early and build from there. This team is loaded folks. Lets go🟧🟧!

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Have said karoline not had fair chance to show what she can do. Karoline earn more playing time. She keeps riding the bench we may lose her.

This reality comes with playing D1 ball in a program with big aspirations. The transfer window brought in two transfers who jumped ahead of her in the depth chart. I like karoline as a player but last night she had incredibly favorable match-ups since CO's, undersized post, had fouled out.

Karoline has a great work ethic and is improving. She will have some more moments this season and next year could be more her time. She knows what she signed up for.

Last edited:
Powell is the PG(flood general) that will take TN to the next level.
I’ll like to see this coaching staff fully give her the reigns to run the show.
There was a moment in the game where the most athletic guard/forward in the country J. Horston who has the ability to bring the ball up the court deferred to Powell instead which is a. sign of trust! If you folks start watching the games intentionally, it’s clear that this group is ready to hit another gear. It’s time to turn the pressure up with B.Miles and Hollingshead.
No more games to waste experimenting. Put the best 5 on the court. Use the depth(the best bench in WCBB). Use the timeouts.

I believe thats is what Kellie is doing. Powell and everyone else is getting the minutes they need to show what they can do. Powell needs to play with more consistency and improve her passing and shooting. I've not seen anyone that I would turn the reigns over to unconditionally but after the last two games, there are a couple nearing that point. Need to keep dolling out those minutes. After what happened last year when injuries exposed her team, I can fully appreciate what Kellie is doing to get her bench in a better place in which to compete in the SEC.

This reality comes with playing D1 ball in a program with big aspirations. The transfer window brought in two transfers who jumped ahead of her in the depth chart. I like karoline as a player but last night she had incredibly favorable match-ups since CO's, undersized post, had fouled out.

Karoline has a great work ethic and is improving. She will have some more moments this season and next year could be more her time. She knows what she signed up for.
Karoline will have a change to show her skills bottle part of sec teams. They always practice for players earn minuets. Just not hurt fellow teammates.

EKU's lone win against the Lady Vols came in 1976 against Pat Summit in her second season as the head coach of the Volunteers.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
We need Horston, Jackson, and Key out there starting.

Then, there are about eight who are equal with pros & cons.

I think we need to let Pissott eat and pump iron for a couple of months.

Hollingshed is raw, but her height makes her Key's sub replacement for me.

I would start Powell at point. When she needs a rest, I wouldn't use Walker or Miles. Let Horston play point.

Darby, Franklin, Marta, Pluckett is a confusing mix of talent. Ride the hot hand.

Would like to see more Striklen because she does dirty work, We need more who work hard without ball in hands.

Karoline will have a change to show her skills bottle part of sec teams. They always practice for players earn minuets. Just not hurt fellow teammates.
Agree she did ok but she was going up against a pretty weak player. She will getminutesin lopsided games but in competitive games probably not.

Agree she did ok but she was going up against a pretty weak player. She will getminutesin lopsided games but in competitive games probably not.

She can complete entry passes... She might be a player we can use at the 4 and hit the free throw line jumper.

I would love to have a 4 and put rickea at the 3...

Tennessee is off to a 3-4 start against a schedule ranked as the seventh-hardest in the nation in the NCAA Toughest Schedule Report. Teams the Lady Vols have played are 24-4 through Nov. 24.

So that seventh-hardest ranking is based on the games played to this point? Or is it based on the full schedule for teams? I'm curious about the six top teams.

Lets go! Who is Rocky Top🟧🟧?
Is this the game we see the appropriate changes to the starting lineup/rotations?
Will Striplin play extended minutes? Hollingshead ready to take the next step? Is she the 2nd most athletic post in the SEC?!!
Will Miles backup floor general J.Powell?

Last season, Tamari Key was stepping out to the free throw line and making jumpers at the top of the paint.. what happened to that offensive set? She was making that shot at a good percentage. Refs are giving her some bad calls on offensive/defensive fouls.. because they don’t allow her to get position in the post. Coach Harper let her settle in the game. Take the refs out of it. Give her a few field goals attempts early and build from there. This team is loaded folks. Lets go🟧🟧!
Ok but this team is not loaded, but Key doesn’t like physicality at all, she’s more of a finesse big, she should have developed a midrange game.

Get this through your head, you folks can’t change reality through message board posts!
5 players made nat’l pre-season player of the year watchlists! Two former McDonald’s All-Americans coming off the bench as a freshman and sophomore. Three former 4⭐⭐⭐⭐️ recruits coming off the bench as sophomores. Former Miss Kentucky Basketball coming off the bench as a sophomore. FIBAU19 International basketball team member coming off the bench as a sophomore.
Nothing you post will change that.
I will take the opinion of various basketball analysts and commentators over yours every day of the week.

Last edited:
The SECN+ will stream the Tennessee vs. Eastern Kentucky contest, with Andy Brock (PxP) and Sami Kincaid (Analyst) on the call. The contest also can be heard on Lady Vol Network radio stations and by audio stream, with Voice of the Lady Vols, Brian Rice, on the call.

This is the game where we need to see perfection from the sideline in terms of game management! This is not a rebuilding year. This is the year.

VN Store

Back