Opponent watch: Brennan Armstrong, UVA QB, has entered the portal

I haven’t seen him play, I looked up info on him he is the all time passing leader at Virginia and a dual threat. If he did come to UT he might beat Milton for starter next year.
Had a much better year in 2021...Tony Elliot got the head coaching job this year and his stats tailed off this year...

He's a good player, big loss for them.....some would say hopefully big gain for UT. Look what happened to the last ACC QB who transferred here from VA (insert eye emojis here)

Uh…yeah. This kid would be an immediate star at UT. Much better credentials than Hooker or Milton when they transferred in. And he also had good rushing numbers. Looks perfect for this offense. I hope UT gets him.

I'd be disappointed if we don't make a run at him. Hope he doesn't go to Florida. With AR possibly leaving and Kitna being arrested, I assume they're looking for a portal QB.
I read that there’s mutual interest with UF and Hartman.

Just so we're clear, I wasn't starting this thread to say we should pursue him, just pointing out that he won't be playing against us.

I have no interest in us taking the kid. We have our QB's, IMO.

@Freak can you get this moved back to the football forum? This wasn't about recruiting.

Reactions: Bret178 and JT3
I can't see us pursuing a QB. We have far bigger needs.
I have little doubt we pursue one (the right one). You have to protect yourself against the idea of Jackson transferring in the spring if he is behind Nico. Landing a transfer almost assures you finish spring ball with at least 3 scholarship QBs. That's even more important because you don't go into spring with absolute certainty who your QB is going to be like you did last spring.

I can't see us pursuing a QB. We have far bigger needs.

Not so sure on this. QB is by far the most important position on the field and can make up for deficiencies elsewhere (as we have seen this year).

I don’t think you can count on Milton based off of what we’ve seen so far. Maybe he puts it all together, but he is what he is at this point.

Nico will still only be a freshman even with all the talent and upside.

And Tayven Jackson may be 3rd on the depth chart after spring. Does he stick around? If not, you only have 2 scholarship QBs.

I take a transfer QB especially if it’s a guy the caliber of Armstrong. Would be a great stop gap for a year until Nico takes over. JMO though.

I think we are covered at QB move on.

I mean, if you get this kid, you don’t have to worry about whether or not the light comes on for Milton. This kid was a 4,000 yard passer and can run. He’d be an immediate star in Heupel’s offense. I don’t see how you don’t pursue him. It’s the most important position in sports.

How many years does he have remaining? It’s an interesting take as I wonder if Heup thinks Joe is their guy. Or, would he consider taking a quality qb from the portal? I don’t want FL to get this young man as he appears to be a baller.

It’s admirable that Joe stayed @ TN and I want him to succeed, however, I don’t think another off-season will make a difference. 8-4 @ best with Joe @ the helm. Just my opinion.

How many years does he have remaining? It’s an interesting take as I wonder if Heup thinks Joe is their guy. Or, would he consider taking a quality qb from the portal? I don’t want FL to get this young man as he appears to be a baller.

It’s admirable that Joe stayed @ TN and I want him to succeed, however, I don’t think another off-season will make a difference. 8-4 @ best with Joe @ the helm. Just my opinion.
not even that...

If Heupel doesn't pursue another QB, I take that as him letting Nico know that he has full confidence in him.

I have little doubt we pursue one (the right one). You have to protect yourself against the idea of Jackson transferring in the spring if he is behind Nico. Landing a transfer almost assures you finish spring ball with at least 3 scholarship QBs. That's even more important because you don't go into spring with absolute certainty who your QB is going to be like you did last spring.
I agree with this post. I know everybody wants to think we’re good at qb don’t need another one, but what would taking a proven qb hurt us? What if Joe Milton comes out next year and lays and egg? You confident in throwing the reins to Jackson or a true freshman? Wouldn’t hurt to have a backup plan.

I hope Milton gets his chance. He's paid his dues and did everything he could do as a team mate. He's gotta step it up and be a leader.

Not sure how it will end up, but sometimes it just don't work out.

I hope Milton gets his chance. He's paid his dues and did everything he could do as a team mate. He's gotta step it up and be a leader.

Not sure how it will end up, but sometimes it just don't work out.
All he needs to do is get more accurate with the ball

Reactions: EBFVOL

VN Store

Back