Vol football pushing #HeismanHendon

Hopefully Hendo receives an invite but it appears there will be four invitations extended to:

Williams, Stroud, Duggar and Bennett

Williams has played well and had one he$$ of a game Vs Notre Dame. They brought pressure but he pulled a Houdini all nt long.

Bennett is a winner and played better , including against TN, than I anticipated.

Duggar- I didn’t watch many TCU games.

Stroud- had a nice yr for Ohio State but I could provide stats supporting Hooker with big wins vs FL, Pitt, LSU and Bama.

Hooker lead the #1 offense in the nation against the toughest schedule of anyone nominated beside him.

His TD to INT ratio is untouched. His stats are better than Williams in a per game consideration. Now calculate in SOS.

His defense lost the game vs SC

He missed a single game

He does not deserve only an invite for Heisman

He is the Heisman

He will get invited but the media has already declared Caleb Williams the winner.

People need to quit worrying about this award for a Tennessee player to win it you are going to have to be head and shoulders better. If it’s a tight race the voters almost always go for the Ohio State, USC and Notre Dame types. Heck the guys on cbs the other day talking about who was best wide receiver and they never mentioned Hyatt. They raved about Harrison was the best by far. They never even gave Hyatt a thought like it was a no brainer. It was a totally bias display.

So AWESOME that Couch JH and VOL Athletic Department put this together…. HH definitely deserves the opportunity to be at least finalist (if not winner). If I had a vote, I’d go with HH even though it may be perceived as bias of a UT grad…. much respect to Bryce Young though (the only one I think comes close this year).

Go VOLS!

Reactions: vanillagorilla
Hope he gets an invite. Would love to see him win it, but I doubt that happens.

He should win it, based off the spirit of the award. Looking at the whole body of work and what he did. It sucks that he won’t have another game like the others will to pad his stats, but if you go by what his numbers were this year and the difference he made for his team, I don’t see how he couldn’t win it.
That said, I have about as much confidence in the wisdom and common sense of that committee as I do the playoff committee.GB🍊

Hopefully Hendo receives an invite but it appears there will be four invitations extended to:

Williams has played well and had one he$$ of a game Vs Notre Dame. They brought pressure but he pulled a Houdini all nt long.

Bennett is a winner and played better , including against TN, than I anticipated.

Stroud- had a nice yr for Ohio State but I could provide stats supporting Hooker with big wins vs FL, Pitt, LSU and Bama.

Think Hooker gets the invite over Bennett but the other three you nailed. Williams is a run away winner

Paul Hornung says hello…

Exactly, Notre Dame had 2(or 3) wins in ‘56 and Hornung had 3 TDS and 13 interceptions. Gave him the Heisman over Majors (runner up) and Jim Brown. It’s been BS for a long time now. They really showed their ass when they gave it to Woodson over Manning….effin joke.

This is easy, they will of course include him and then he will lose a tight vote and finish 2nd, like Majors, Manning and Huepel. I think he is the clear winner myself, put this team on his back.

Bennett isn't even the best player on his team. No way does he deserve an invite.

He will get invited but the media has already declared Caleb Williams the winner.
Yep at this point the Heisman is the Lincoln Riley invitational. Pretty much any qb he has will put up numbers and likely be in New York at least and good odds to win it.

Exactly, Notre Dame had 2(or 3) wins in ‘56 and Hornung had 3 TDS and 13 interceptions. Gave him the Heisman over Majors (runner up) and Jim Brown. It’s been BS for a long time now. They really showed their ass when they gave it to Woodson over Manning….effin joke.
Exactly…

Reactions: HendoCinco

VN Store

Back