Asst. Coaching Change NEEDED (Offense)

utkCREW

I feel like Coach English kept a decent offense flowing at Tennessee. CRB isn’t in trouble bc we probably won’t get better than him, but we need to drop an assistant coach that ain’t pulling his weight for a mega offensive strategist ASSISTANT COACH.

I feel like Coach English kept a decent offense flowing at Tennessee. CRB isn’t in trouble bc we probably won’t get better than him, but we need to drop an assistant coach that ain’t pulling his weight for a mega offensive strategist ASSISTANT COACH.
Barnes offense has been this way for years. It’s what costs us in the tournament every single year

Very few teams are top-ten in both offensive and defensive metrics, and Tennessee didn't need English to be a top-three team in terms of offensive efficiency back in the 2018-2019 season. Given the choice between having the #40 offense/#1 defense and the inverse, I'd truly take what the Vols have now.

Tennessee needs a leader who's a bonafide offensive threat like Grant Williams was, not any major changes to the coaching staff. Barnes' recruiting is fantastic, but I have no idea how to identify which attainable 5* recruit has what it takes to be that guy. If the Vols had Brandon Miller this year, we'd be singing a different tune in terms of these threads.

Barnes knows how to hire. It's just we've seen several external promotions over the last 3-4 years. I'm sure the quality isn't there right now. When he was here, Kim English was running the sidelines some games. He was the 2nd head coach.

As long as UT is known as a defense first team, we will never get that 5* offensive player like Miller this year or Pancho last year.

Will have to be satisfied with the 5* that wants to work on his game like Philips and Chandler, etc.

Reactions: Volfan1000
As long as UT is known as a defense first team, we will never get that 5* offensive player like Miller this year or Pancho last year.

Will have to be satisfied with the 5* that wants to work on his game like Philips and Chandler, etc.
Banchero was interested in Vols…. Miller was never coming to Tennessee tho.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Very few teams are top-ten in both offensive and defensive metrics, and Tennessee didn't need English to be a top-three team in terms of offensive efficiency back in the 2018-2019 season. Given the choice between having the #40 offense/#1 defense and the inverse, I'd truly take what the Vols have now.

Tennessee needs a leader who's a bonafide offensive threat like Grant Williams was, not any major changes to the coaching staff. Barnes' recruiting is fantastic, but I have no idea how to identify which attainable 5* recruit has what it takes to be that guy. If the Vols had Brandon Miller this year, we'd be singing a different tune in terms of these threads.

This!!! We need an alpha dog who can will himself to score. We don’t have that player.

Agree that we need an alpha on offense - been saying it for a while. I wonder how much of it is the system and how much is that the guys we have just don’t have it in them. I’m no coach, but to me, JJJ has the physical tools to be that guy. If I were a coach, I would have made his mid-range jump shot a staple of the offense and developed it more. Maybe he just doesn’t have the mental makeup for it, whereas I think ZZ has the mental makeup, but not the physical.

JFC, how many times does this have to be said to get through some of y’all’s thick skulls?

Miller is a Bama legacy! His dad was a formal football player for Bama. He was never going anywhere else!

Poncho was paid under the table to go to Duke.

Stop this tiring argument already.

Those aren’t good examples. Next year, we have two good shooters coming in.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Barnes said - and I quote - “we need the guys down low to get established because they (other teams) aren’t even choking off their guys (to help) and we can’t leverage that for open shots (3s)

Tennessee isn’t blind to what’s happening. It’s why they pound it inside.

Asked how Ziegler could be better offensively, he said “he needs other players to score”

This team is extremely aware that it needs points from Key, Phillips, O, and/or Uros/Aidoo

JFC, how many times does this have to be said to get through some of y’all’s thick skulls?

Miller is a Bama legacy! His dad was a formal football player for Bama. He was never going anywhere else!

Poncho was paid under the table to go to Duke.

Stop this tiring argument already.
What year did Brandon Miller dad played for Alabama?

Spot on. The guys who like to run and gun are probably looking at other programs.

I think Barnes runs the offense anyways

VN Store

Back