Post game thoughts

Vols till I fall

Quad 1 win
Top 25 win
A win against Bruce

That's a big big win. Not pretty but basketball isn't a pretty sport, it's not about style points but who has the most points

I rather have an ugly win than an ugly loss

This is tough day for the Barnes haters who want Pearl back.

You guys criticize Barnes for his offense, how many points did Pearl's team score today?

Quad 1 win
Top 25 win
A win against Bruce

That's a big big win. Not pretty but basketball isn't a pretty sport, it's not about style points but who has the most points

You guys criticize Barnes for his offense, how many points did Pearl's team score today?

This was the type of win I expected against Florida. Offense very streaky but defense being mostly constant all game. We will have a night like this in March where offense is MIA.

Why is ON on the floor in crunch time? He has no basketball IQ . He fouled on the last play and lucky for us not called! Also, JJJ is not a 3 pt shooter, he should drive and shoot inside 15 ft.

ON made the most crucial play on thr floor. He fouled the Auburn player on the last play lol.

I agree though, he doesn't need to sniff the floor

What really amazes me is how cold some of our players can get shooting. ZZ 0-10 from two, 0-7 from three? Heard that stat when he was shooting the final fts. ON just could not hit a turn around jumper. Plav and Aidoo both inside struggled. If not for JJJ it would have been crazy ugly. Maybe there is something to the intense d gassing our offensive inefficiency? Auburn didn’t look any better and no, I don’t want Pearl back. Last two games have been a real struggle offensively and getting concerned moving towards Bama at home.

Why is ON on the floor in crunch time? He has no basketball IQ . He fouled on the last play and lucky for us not called! Also, JJJ is not a 3 pt shooter, he should drive and shoot inside 15 ft.
JJJ shots almost 33% from 3 which is the same as 50% from 2. JJJ shots under 40% from 2. JJJ 3 point percentage is barely less than Vescovi or ZZ.

Quad 1 win
Top 25 win
A win against Bruce

Disagree, player jumped into him when shooting. Refs got it right. Auburn‘s bb team flopped like a dang soccer team.

I definitely can see what you're saying

Me personally, I do think it was a foul, however, I think the right call was made since Auburn was flopping the whole game and the no call foul on Vescovi at the end

Quad 1 win
Top 25 win
A win against Bruce

Hard to argue with much aside from the "basketball isn't a pretty sport" comment.

Hope we aren't still dealing with the "Barnes haters who want Bruce back" crowd. I've been through a divorce and moved on - if these clowns are still out there, they need to move on as well...we've had two coaches between - be happy where we are as a program, and if you love him so much - be happy for Bruce as well.

A game like this is where your experienced leader makes the difference & JJJ did just that.

Hope our boys get some shots up in Pratt and not the Strip tonight and move on.

Hard to argue with much aside from the "basketball isn't a pretty sport" comment.

Hope we aren't still dealing with the "Barnes haters who want Bruce back" crowd. I've been through a divorce and moved on - if these clowns are still out there, they need to move on as well...we've had two coaches between - be happy where we are as a program, and if you love him so much - be happy for Bruce as well.

A game like this is where your experienced leader makes the difference & JJJ did just that.

Hope our boys get some shots up in Pratt and not the Strip tonight and move on.[/louvered?

You know damn well ppl would have went off if Barnes lost today, it's a set up. Even if it was a good looking loss, some of these fans just want Barnes to fail

Me personally, I do think it was a foul, however, I think the right call was made since Auburn was flopping the whole game and the no call foul on Vescovi at the end

You could be right there. SV did look like he got fouled as he got shoved onto his butt. Had a strong feeling at that point we would blow the game, glad I was wrong. Couldn’t hardly buy a basket in this game.

What really amazes me is how cold some of our players can get shooting. ZZ 0-10 from two, 0-7 from three? Heard that stat when he was shooting the final fts. ON just could not hit a turn around jumper. Plav and Aidoo both inside struggled. If not for JJJ it would have been crazy ugly. Maybe there is something to the intense d gassing our offensive inefficiency? Auburn didn’t look any better and no, I don’t want Pearl back. Last two games have been a real struggle offensively and getting concerned moving towards Bama at home.

Yep. Very ugly. Bama is gonna dog-kick embarrass this team if we don’t have some kind of awakening very soon.

Quad 1 win
Top 25 win
A win against Bruce

There's maybe 3 people who hate Barnes and want Pearl back. Most Pearl fans like myself don't want him back.

God forbid people like Barnes and Pearl

A win is a win but this team has changed dramatically over the last week or so. They were playing with so much energy and hitting shots. There seems to be no middle ground with the shooting, it's either 60% or its 20%. O takes the 1st 5 shots of the game and misses them all? I don't know where their mojo went but they need to find it fast.

It could have been called either way. I'm good with it since Auburn got the ball when they shoved Santi out of bounds.

VN Store

Back