Curious how many of you would like to see Bruce Pearl as our next basketball coach.

Jersey Moonshine

Curious how many of you would like to see Bruce Pearl as our next basketball coach. I’ll start by raising my hand. Pearl put Tennessee basketball back on the map which was no easy feat. I met him shortly after he was hired in 2005 at the Reebok ABCD camp in Hackensack, New Jersey. O.J. Mayo and Kevin Love were the big prospects there. Tubby Smith, Jim Boeheim and other big name coaches were there sitting in the stands at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Told my wife “look… It’s Bruce Pearl sitting up there by himself.“ We plopped down next to him and started a conversation. He couldn’t have been more engaging and passionate about Tennessee despite having just been hired. I told him how we camped out in line for Kentucky tickets during the early 80s with Dale Ellis, Michael Brooks and crew and how wild Stokely Athletic Center was in those days. He looked me dead in the eye and said “I’m going to do everything in my power to get it back to that.“ I could tell he absolutely meant it. You know what? He did. He actually did one better making poorly-designed, acoustically-challenged, non-intimidating TBA a home court advantage. He also knows how to coach deep into the NCAA tournament. Enough water has passed under the bridge. Bruce Pearl should succeed (the fairly-soon retiring) Rick Barnes. Same salary as Barnes is reasonable.. He’s a VFL. Can’t have much more skin here than he had. He had hot chicks on his boat on the Tennessee River and his wife divorced him and turned gangsta naming her hair salon “Alimony.“. Sounds like a very Tennessee thing.

Why are we even talking about the next UT coach? Seems extremely disrespectful to Barnes and his staff considering all that he has accomplished here and has continued to do so.

Tell me what Pearl has accomplished here other than an elite 8? Barnes has the better record, just not post season.

Even when Barnes beats Pearl, you get posts like this.

Aside from the season they had about 6 elite 3 point shooters and hit 20 a game and the season he had Jabari Smith, has he even been that good at Auburn?

Reactions: Vols till I fall
He's only 6 years younger than Barnes. I highly doubt any school is going to rehire a former coach that was fired and received a show-cause. That's just asking for it.
His first instinct is to lie. POS FBP

Show us on the doll where he touched you

Threw his assistants under the bus. Starts Steven effin’ Pearl instead of Maymon. Hung around Knoxville being an attention hoe instead of being quiet and letting Cuonzo do his job. Filling the roster up with thugs he recruited. Lied to the NCAA. Lied to his bosses at UT. It’s ridiculous to ever mention the possibility of bringing him back to coach UT. Barn is a good spot for him. They deserve each other.

Curious how many of you would like to see Bruce Pearl as our next basketball coach. I’ll start by raising my hand. Pearl put Tennessee basketball back on the map which was no easy feat. I met him shortly after he was hired in 2005 at the Reebok ABCD camp in Hackensack, New Jersey. O.J. Mayo and Kevin Love were the big prospects there. Tubby Smith, Jim Boeheim and other big name coaches were there sitting in the stands at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Told my wife “look… It’s Bruce Pearl sitting up there by himself.“ We plopped down next to him and started a conversation. He couldn’t have been more engaging and passionate about Tennessee despite having just been hired. I told him how we camped out in line for Kentucky tickets during the early 80s with Dale Ellis, Michael Brooks and crew and how wild Stokely Athletic Center was in those days. He looked me dead in the eye and said “I’m going to do everything in my power to get it back to that.“ I could tell he absolutely meant it. You know what? He did. He actually did one better making poorly-designed, acoustically-challenged, non-intimidating TBA a home court advantage. He also knows how to coach deep into the NCAA tournament. Enough water has passed under the bridge. Bruce Pearl should succeed (the fairly-soon retiring) Rick Barnes. Same salary as Barnes is reasonable.. He’s a VFL. Can’t have much more skin here than he had. He had hot chicks on his boat on the Tennessee River and his wife divorced him and turned gangsta naming her hair salon “Alimony.“. Sounds like a very Tennessee thing.

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!

VN Store

Back