Jeremy banks east/west shrine bowl

Article says Bush delivered some hard coaching about “effort” to Banks that he received well. This has been my impression of Banks throughout his career - coaches have to make it very clear what they expect (off-the-field behavior, on-the-field control, and now bowl-game effort) and he will deliver. Hope he lands with a coach that holds Banks to a high standard so he does well.

Just rumors. No telling what's true vs made up. At this point, what's done is done and he's moved on. Doubt we ever get the full story. Wish him well, but I won't miss him.
Did we EVER get an explanation for why Banks wasn't available for the SC game?

Lengthy post so my apologies.

The coaching staff never divulged the reason, but the below comments are 100000% fact as Banks was angry over NIL money. Banks went off yelling about NIL in the locker room (one day mid-week), stepped on the “T” seal, and then Hendo intervened & told him to do push-ups.

Banks was already on a tirade, refused, & went after Hendo. Milton intervened and put an end to the altercation. Milton is a big dude and he wasn’t going to allow anyone to get close to Hendo as those two are inseparable and like brothers.

Heupel took the side of his team captain, Hendo, and Banks was not allowed to travel with the team. Not to mention, Banks also missed (at least one) a meeting.

The above is a fact as a couple of walk-on receivers watch the “away” games with my son and his fraternity buddies since they don’t travel with the team. It’s the same way I posted that the WR from Middle TN would hit the portal, so it’s a fact.

Anyway, it was a back eye on the program and the team was not in unison as the defensive players love Banks and thought he should’ve played.

I agree with others that it’s time time to move on as we had a he$$ of a season. But I will always ask myself “what if,” as this game is the second worst TN loss in my life time, the first being the 2001 SEC championship vs. LSU. We had that game won and Saban out coached Fulmer in the 2nd half and won w/ a second string QB and RB

We were at the game and ready to buy our tickets to play Miami in the national title game.

Go Vols!

Lengthy post so my apologies.

The coaching staff never divulged the reason, but the below comments are 100000% fact as Banks was angry over NIL money. Banks went off yelling about NIL in the locker room (one day mid-week), stepped on the “T” seal, and then Hendo intervened & told him to do push-ups.

Banks was already on a tirade, refused, & went after Hendo. Milton intervened and put an end to the altercation. Milton is a big dude and he wasn’t going to allow anyone to get close to Hendo as those two are inseparable and like brothers.

Heupel took the side of his team captain, Hendo, and Banks was not allowed to travel with the team. Not to mention, Banks also missed (at least one) a meeting.

The above is a fact as a couple of walk-on receivers watch the “away” games with my son and his fraternity buddies since they don’t travel with the team. It’s the same way I posted that the WR from Middle TN would hit the portal, so it’s a fact.

Anyway, it was a back eye on the program and the team was not in unison as the defensive players love Banks and thought he should’ve played.

I agree with others that it’s time time to move on as we had a he$$ of a season. But I will always ask myself “what if,” as this game is the second worst TN loss in my life time, the first being the 2001 SEC championship vs. LSU. We had that game won and Saban out coached Fulmer in the 2nd half and won w/ a second string QB and RB

We were at the game and ready to buy our tickets to play Miami in the national title game.

Go Vols!
Had a buddy the Wed before the 2001 SECCG come in my office grinning ear to ear and flopped down in a chair across from my desk. He looked at me and said...Wife and me got our NC tickets...hotel rooms booked....airline tickets booked and we are headed to the NC game at the Rose Bowl.....I said Jim...don't you know we have a game this Saturday against LSU and its hard to beat a team 2 times in a season! He said....we will beat the Hell out of LSU and we are headed to Pasadena.

Till this day when I see him I ask him how his trip was...Lol

Had a buddy the Wed before the 2001 SECCG come in my office grinning ear to ear and flopped down in a chair across from my desk. He looked at me and said...Wife and me got our NC tickets...hotel rooms booked....airline tickets booked and we are headed to the NC game at the Rose Bowl.....I said Jim...don't you know we have a game this Saturday against LSU and its hard to beat a team 2 times in a season! He said....we will beat the Hell out of LSU and we are headed to Pasadena.

I was about 30 yrs old, no kids then, and my wife attended game with me. We could’ve got tickets and committed to spend the $$ to go to Pasadena.

That loss was inexcusable. Stallworth says it was the worst moment-memory in his sports’ career as we were driving at the LSU 35 when he fumbled late in the game. 😣

I was about 30 yrs old, no kids then, and my wife attended game with me. We could’ve got tickets and committed to spend the $$ to go to Pasadena.

That loss was inexcusable. Stallworth says it was the worst moment-memory in his sports’ career as we were driving at the LSU 35 when he fumbled late in the game. 😣
Still painful to remember.

That was one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of Vol football. We never played well in the SEC title game in that freakin' dome.
Even when we beat Auburn with PM at QB, we were bumbling and stumbling around for a good part of the game. We had a great team
and just choked. Not to mention that LSU was playing with its backup QB, who mostly ran the ball and we struggled to tackle him

That was one of the biggest choke jobs in the history of Vol football. We never played well in the SEC title game in that freakin' dome.
Even when we beat Auburn with PM at QB, we were bumbling and stumbling around for a good part of the game. We had a great team
and just choked. Not to mention that LSU was playing with its backup QB, who mostly ran the ball and we struggled to tackle him
I'm 67 years old and I still get ticked off thinking about it...Lol.

I told 4 guys I was with that night we just witnessed the end of UT football as we had become accustomed...Little did I know it would last so long.

I'm 67 years old and I still get ticked off thinking about it...Lol.

I told 4 guys I was with that night we just witnessed the end of UT football as we had become accustomed...Little did I know it would last so long.
It certainly seemed like a changing of the Guard. Seems like a lifetime ago, been some tough years as a Vol fan.

I’ll be shocked if he’s drafted. Doesn’t read/react well. Multiple off the field issues that are well documented (threatening multiple women and then being suspended again this season for something).

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I think Banks could make a career out of being a Special Teams Ace in the NFL

You're a cruel man.

I’ll be shocked if he’s drafted. Doesn’t read/react will. Multiple off the field issues that are well documented (threatening multiple women and then being suspended again this season for something).

Could very well be you're right. Just the same, I think the fact his antics cost him missing a NCS chance, and by default possibly a higher draft stock, was just the Wilton B.A.S.H 36" he needed to get his head hammered on straight.

VN Store

Back