karoline striplin 2nd best on team at ...

mudcat1973

utsports.com karoline fg 42 fg att 78 %.538 karoline average 12.9 just few mins less than other postes hollingshead % .491 franklin .471 % karoline passes ball well and sets picks well . picks or glue plays does show up on the stats sheets . karoline playing few minuets less than other post so she not getting more mins. but when shots she second on % of puting round thing in hoop thing.

Last edited:
And Tamari Key is about 60% FG% for her career but I don’t think anyone is calling her our best offensive player.
not saying she best offence player . just second of % of her shots made karoline has not had many ame mins at rocky top. she did not play much last year or first part of this year far as size goes she as tall as franklin who had lot more mins in college and it shows. hollingshead is only center height player who playing now

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Karoline has improved a lot since she arrived in Knoxville. If she continues to improve at the same rate, I believe after one more offseason she will develop into a matchup problem for opposing teams! You can tell she works hard and has a good shot !
kellie said behind horston karoline was second behind horston on hard worker when tenn got news of key out for season. 12.9 mins not killing vols maybe franklin should get nore mins in ncaa . maybe low mins on franklin knee is what best for the team overall. kellie plays franklin more when needed. if some got their way and karoline mins cut more they be leading karoline was not ready if franklin or hollingshed gets hurt. both have had knee injurys hoping both knees keep improving

striplin 42 fgm fga 78 fg% .538 mins per game 12.9 mins for season 270 total points for season 95 points per mins played 2.84 hollingshed fgm 53 fga 108 fg% 491 mins per game 15.3 for the season 367 total points for the season 124 points per mins 2.95 franklin fgm 40 fga 85 fg% .471 mins per game 13.8 mins on the season 318 points per mins played 2.71 @glv98 hollingshed 2.95 mins per point striplin 2.84 mins per point franklin 2.71 mins per point striplin is scoring a point in less time than hollingshed striplin 2.84 mins per point to hollingshed 2.95 advance striplin

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
striplin 42 fgm fga 78 fg% .538 mins per game 12.9 mins for season 270 total points for season 95 points per mins played 2.84 hollingshed fgm 53 fga 108 fg% 491 mins per game 15.3 for the season 367 total points for the season 124 points per mins 2.95 franklin fgm 40 fga 85 fg% .471 mins per game 13.8 mins on the season 318 points per mins played 2.71 @glv98 hollingshed 2.95 mins per point striplin 2.84 mins per point franklin 2.71 mins per point
MC you know I love you, but, unless you can make Karo grow 3",,,I have to go with height in the Center positions.
PF is different,,,that position is a matter of tenacity and heart above height

Reactions: volcity
MC you know I love you, but, unless you can make Karo grow 3",,,I have to go with height in the Center positions.
PF is different,,,that position is a matter of tenacity and heart above height
know karoline better suited for the four or power foward. just pointing out striplin has produce points per min a little better than hollingshed. and thread was about karoline shoting % .538 being second best only to jackson not who best center is.

LadyVol1908 posted ".... at the 4" , Chuckie repost says " ...at the 5". I'm confused . But anyway , I'm not into analytics mostly eye candy and love Karo but I'm using Franklin and Hollingshed in my starting five and it don't have nothing to do with the Budweiser I'm sipping on.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
LadyVol1908 posted ".... at the 4" , Chuckie repost says " ...at the 5". I'm confused . But anyway , I'm not into analytics mostly eye candy and love Karo but I'm using Franklin and Hollingshed in my starting five and it don't have nothing to do with the Budweiser I'm sipping on.
I had to edit it, cause I meant the 4 but my initial post said the 5. Lol

1 Walker-PG
2 Horston-Sm Fwd
3 Jackson-Sm Fwd
4 Pissott- Stretch Forward
5 Hollingshead- Center

first sub per position: Puckett 2-3, Frankiln/Striplin 4-5, Jazzy 1

Horston and Pissott-bookends
Rickea high-post
Jillian-Low Post

Reactions: allenfan1
An update on advanced stats since there are competing opinions on Franklin vs. Hollingshead vs. Striplin. Stats in bold are in the 90+ percentile of the entire NCAA (i.e., pretty elite). Stats in italics are in the bottom 10 percentile (i.e., pretty bad).
  • Points per play: Franklin 0.95, Hollingshead 0.82, Striplin 0.97
  • Points per shot attempt: Franklin 1.08, Hollingshead 1.02, Striplin 1.16
  • Effective field goal %: Franklin 47.1%, Hollingshead 50.0%, Striplin 57.1%
  • Free throw rate: Franklin 21.3%, Hollingshead 12.8%, Striplin 5.6%
  • Offensive rebound %: Franklin 15.7%, Hollingshead 12.0%, Striplin 10.1%
  • Defensive rebound %: Franklin 16.6%, Hollingshead 15.2%, Striplin 14.1%
  • Total rebound %: Franklin 16.2%, Hollingshead 13.6%, Striplin 12.0%
  • Assist %: Franklin 8.4%, Hollingshead 5.0%, Striplin 11.9%
  • Turnover %: Franklin 12.2%, Hollingshead 19.7%, Striplin 16.3%
  • Steal %: Franklin 1.8%, Hollingshead 1.2%, Striplin 1.6%
  • Block %: Franklin 2.0%, Hollingshead 3.3%, Striplin 3.9%
  • Foul rate: Franklin 7.2%, Hollingshead 5.1%, Striplin 8.0%
  • PER: Franklin 23.0, Hollingshead 16.9, Striplin 21.1
  • Win share per 40 minutes: Franklin 0.28, Hollingshead 0.14, Striplin 0.26
  • Offensive rating: Franklin 121.0, Hollingshead 97.4, Striplin 116.7
  • Defensive rating (lower is better): Franklin 89.6, Hollingshead 90.2, Striplin 87.2
By and large, all 3 of them have had a decline in just about all of the above categories in conference games, except they're all turning it over less often (consistent with the team as a whole), and Franklin has the best defensive rating in conference play.

Based on this, it looks like Franklin and Striplin come out about even as the best offensive options, and Franklin is the best rebounder (as the shortest player!). Defense is harder to judge, as Striplin wins many of these metrics but her foul rate is quite bad.

I would be curious to see advanced stats for just the last few games as it does feel like Hollingshead turned a corner and has stepped it up a notch (or two or three).

She has qualities but is not all that athletic. That is a problem in basketball.

Harper needs to come to her senses and start playing more zone defense.
Turbo you get it and I totally agree with you but we are wrong by some when we have the nerve to say these things

Reactions: volcity
1 Walker-PG
2 Horston-Sm Fwd
3 Jackson-Sm Fwd
5 Hollingshead- Center

Rickea high-post
Jillian-Low Post

Might be the best 5 players but who is your outside threat that can consistently make about 40% of their threes or are you going to not focus on that aspect?

Reactions: mudcat1973
1 Walker-PG
2 Horston-Sm Fwd
3 Jackson-Sm Fwd
5 Hollingshead- Center

Rickea high-post
Jillian-Low Post
pissott got height for 4 even if she guard/ wing . karoline got more muscle or college body who harder to move. franklin is in year 5 and it shows. jackson shots better closer to rim. maybe moving sara to get some of tess mins . striplin 12.9 mins franklin 13.8 mins hollingshed 15.3 . i see kellie playing franklin more in ncaa saving her knee to then. with franklin & hollingshedx knee history its wise of kellie getting striplin playing time. on tess players need pass more when say open and coaches need draw up some plays to get clean three shots off. darby,puckett where there more than one or two players moving. walker & horston have nice three point shot when open to.

Might be the best 5 players but who is your outside threat that can consistently make about 40% of their threes or are you going to not focus on that aspect?
I have watched Justine play for 2 years if she ever gets enough court time and gets used to be on the floor she'll wear everybody else out

Re my choice for post:
You can't teach height... you can coach height

Yes this is done from the cell phone and I don't feel like editing while I'm driving

Last edited:

VN Store

Back