'24 TN DB Jackson Mathews (Tennessee commit)

"(The offer) is special because my grandfather coached there and growing up going there to games. It's one I've always wanted," Jackson said.

Jackson went to Tennessee on Saturday for a football camp. He was able to get significant work with assistant Willie Martinez, who worked with the defensive backs. Jackson said there were only six there. "We were able to be coached really well," Jackson said. "I did really well. There was a bunch of stuff I'd been working on a lot."

Jackson also has an offer from Ball State. He had 66 total tackles in 2022 with four interceptions for the Lions, who reached the Division II-AA state championship game.

Tennessee football offers Jackson Mathews, grandson of former Vols assistant

Yeah he will be holder and the guy that runs on the field after a KO to retrieve the tee. Every team has one on scholarship.
I thought that position was typically the backup qb or punter that holds the ball for fg’s & xtra pts. Some schools have a 🐶 to retrieve the tee lol

I thought that position was typically the backup qb or punter that holds the ball for fg’s & xtra pts. Some schools have a 🐶 to retrieve the tee lol
Naw man with NIL now everyone puts a guy like this on scholarship.

Also I think you’d be interested in this awesome ocean front rental I have available for 2 weeks in July. Just $1,000/week. What’s your venmo?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We have so many great analizers of football talent on here you should sell your services

Agreed! It's a shock how none of these experts aren't on Coaching Staffs, instead of hanging out on Volnation. CJH should really start interviewing these guys. Too much wasted Coaching talent spending their days on VN, instead of Coaching up the players and winning us a NC! Hopefully someone has Coach Heup's contact info!

Agreed! It's a shock how none of these experts aren't on Coaching Staffs, instead of hanging out on Volnation. CJH should really start interviewing these guys. Too much wasted Coaching talent spending their days on VN, instead of Coaching up the players and winning us a NC! Hopefully someone has Coach Heup's contact info!

Can we talk about why you put a capital “C” on every variation of the word “coach?”

Reactions: BreatheUT
Can we talk about why you put a capital “C” on every variation of the word “coach?”
no-end-of-discussion.gif

That's really the best you've got? I know you only capitalize it if in front of a name, but guess what?? This isn't a College essay and I wanted to get people like you to waste your time and ask. Is that good enough for you Karen? And BTW, when I'm responding or texting, the word Coach pops up on my recommendations and I click on it instead of having to type it all the way out. But since it bothers you, I will definitely continue to do it!!

I apologize if you are butt hurt over another poster's and my response to the numerous COACH'S on here. I know it's a sensitive society we have these days and I should be more conscious of that. My Bad Coach!!

That's really the best you've got? I know you only capitalize it if in front of a name, but guess what?? This isn't a College essay and I wanted to get people like you to waste your time and ask. Is that good enough for you Karen? And BTW, when I'm responding or texting, the word Coach pops up on my recommendations and I click on it instead of having to type it all the way out. But since it bothers you, I will definitely continue to do it!!

I apologize if you are butt hurt over another poster's and my response to the numerous COACH'S on here. I know it's a sensitive society we have these days and I should be more conscious of that. My Bad Coach!!

You okay, buddy?

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Talked to him after his big game on Friday night and got the article up now: https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/2...-mathews-talks-season-opener-vols-recruitment

As mentioned earlier, Tennessee is recruiting Mathews, the grandson of former Vols defensive coordinator Doug Mathews, as a defensive back, with a specific spot in the secondary in mind.

"[Tennessee is recruiting me as] more of a nickel," Mathews said. "They recruit defensive backs that can play at corner, safety and nickel, so it's just if they think you can play, they will recruit you."

Mathews has talked with several coaches on Tennessee's staff and has come away thoroughly impressed.

"They are just some of the best coaches in the country, and the coaches are such a tight-knit group," he told VolReport. "Just talking to some of the players and hearing the way they are talking about their coaches, just as the best coaches in the country. They work with you and just want the best for you."

As Mathews moves forward in his recruitment process, Tennessee remains high on his list – with a decision potentially coming soon.

"Probably within the next two or three weeks," Mathews said.
- VolReport

VN Store

Back