Booker

Gorilla33

He's Money Bob!
Where is Kyle Booker? Was surprised he didn’t pinch run last night and then realized I haven’t seen him.

I asked this in the game thread too. I haven’t noticed him in the dugout either.

Where is Kyle Booker? Was surprised he didn’t pinch run last night and then realized I haven’t seen him.
You don't burn another potential bat, especially if you think the running is similar. Burke was not the lead runner so that was not a factor either. You don't need a crazy fast runner. Just a solid runner.

You don't burn another potential bat, especially if you think the running is similar. Burke was not the lead runner so that was not a factor either. You don't need a crazy fast runner. Just a solid runner.
They also pinch ran Jaslove for Merrit. I did not see him in the huddle post game either after the Clemson game. It’s possible I just missed him.

I’ve also been curious about Kyle Booker. Honestly, and I don’t mean this in a rude way, but I forgot about him. Because it feels like it’s been a long time since he made an appearance. When is the last time he’s played? It does feel like he is one of our more experienced bench pieces and a solid defender so for him to not get any run lately is a bit odd. I hope he’s doing okay.

I’ve also been curious about Kyle Booker. Honestly, and I don’t mean this in a rude way, but I forgot about him. Because it feels like it’s been a long time since he made an appearance. When is the last time he’s played? It does feel like he is one of our more experienced bench pieces and a solid defender so for him to not get any run lately is a bit odd. I hope he’s doing okay.

According to the UT stats page, his last game was 4/25 against Bellarmine. Seems he was in the lineup quite a bit early in the year, but PT diminished with the emergence of Ensley/Dreiling/Merritt/Scott/KT/etc. Plus, Dickey in the OF rather than C as the year progressed. Nevertheless, no PT in May does seem odd.

There is a travel roster, and they are letting him travel, but he has a minor injury, I did not ask what, but he is not dressing. I know there are a couple of other guys that are going with the team also that have dressed throughout the year that are not on the travel roster. My understanding is the travel roster is turned in before every level. So you could not be on it last weekend, but be on it for this weekend or vice versa

A few things have been going on that don't make sense. Booker is one. I suspect as we get near the end of the season you will see players not show up for a variety of reasons. I'm hearing one pitcher (not already in the portal) is about to walk away. More will follow when the season concludes whether they win it all or not.

A few things have been going on that don't make sense. Booker is one. I suspect as we get near the end of the season you will see players not show up for a variety of reasons. I'm hearing one pitcher (not already in the portal) is about to walk away. More will follow when the season concludes whether they win it all or not.
Good, guys who don’t want to be here can go, no one is irreplaceable and we’ve got someone right behind them or coming in just as good if not better.

Good, guys who don’t want to be here can go, no one is irreplaceable and we’ve got someone right behind them or coming in just as good if not better.

Well, I think he wants to be here, but just not playing. I'm hearing another is one is out, but a bigger name that's not easily replaced. We'll see....

Well, I think he wants to be here, but just not playing. I'm hearing another is one is out, but a bigger name that's not easily replaced. We'll see....
Let them all go who aren’t all in…..I get it if someone wants to move on, I have no issue. Sometimes it’s in a players best interest to change scenery. Just want everyone out who isn’t a 100% Vol as those are the ones who are the cancer

I’m sure there are guys unhappy and they all have a pretty short time to get on the field , I’d say we’ll never see another year like last year with 4 or 5 older guys hang around 3 or 4 years to get an opportunity to play , I’ve seen most of our games and we do have some good players on the bench but every good team has a set lineup by league play , good luck to whom ever wants to transfer , we’re gonna have good players as long as TV is here

Like @preacherman20 said, Kyle Booker was there for all of the games but was in civilian clothes and watched from the stands. I spoke to him and he seemed in good spirits. Wyatt Evans (medical redshirt) was doing the same. Both could be big contributors next season.

I love Booker’s upside. I hope he’s a guy like Trey Lipscomb who turns it on as a senior.

I know we shouldn’t speculate, but we just got a commitment from a slugging JUCO 1B. You usually sign a JUCO hoping they’ll play right away. I really hope Burke isn’t transferring, but given that he’s mired in a long slump, he’s a long way from home, and the commitment of Villeneuve, I’m afraid that’s who you’re referencing.

Reactions: KptVFL
Let them all go who aren’t all in…..I get it if someone wants to move on, I have no issue. Sometimes it’s in a players best interest to change scenery. Just want everyone out who isn’t a 100% Vol as those are the ones who are the cancer
Yep. This program is now at a point that we reload instead of rebuilding. I'm not worried about change.... especially if it improves fit and chemistry. We need guys who want to be part of something bigger than themselves vs guys who are here looking out for their draft stock. Not saying that applies to any current guys, but if a kid leaves, so be it. I have all the faith in the world that we have a staff who can fill that spot with an equal or greater talent. My bet is that anyone who leaves likely wasn't the right fit. I'd also guess that Tony V will be much more focused on that aspect in recruiting and the portal going forward.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I know we shouldn’t speculate, but we just got a commitment from a slugging JUCO 1B. You usually sign a JUCO hoping they’ll play right away. I really hope Burke isn’t transferring, but given that he’s mired in a long slump, he’s a long way from home, and the commitment of Villeneuve, I’m afraid that’s who you’re referencing.
he also pitches, I wouldn't read to much into rumors form 3rd and 4th parties. Not saying they are wrong, but we hear this every year........NO ONE IS IRREPLACEABLE. With that said lots of guys are hitting 20-30 home runs in a season, we have no one in the top 50 and at our park, 20+ is very achievable

VN Store

Back