Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

I will be amazed if Penn wins today,they may but I don't see it after watching the game last night. Sidenote Oral Roberts in Super Regional always a underdog I like to see that it's good for the game

I will be amazed if Penn wins today,they may but I don't see it after watching the game last night. Sidenote Oral Roberts in Super Regional always a underdog I like to see that it's good for the game
Agree. Think they are toast.

We all know Austin would be the host.
cut and paste from that thread

Regarding the super regional tournaments, with the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3, the Division I Baseball Committee also follows the additional criteria below:
1. Super regional competition shall take place at on-campus sites or alternate sites approved by the Division I Baseball Committee.
2. Prospective host institutions must submit a minimum financial guarantee of $35,000, which shall be 75% of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the hosting proposal (online proposed budget). The $35,000 minimum applies to both two-day and three-day super regional competitions.
3. Consideration for hosting shall be given to the higher seed if a suitable hosting proposal has been received (e.g., meets financial guarantee and quality of facility criteria). If the higher seed has not submitted a proposal, the lower seeded team will host if its proposal is acceptable. NCAA PRE-CHAMPIONSHIP MANUAL 21 DIVISION I BASEBALL
4. If the super regional matchup is between equally seeded teams, the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (e.g., quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one of the teams has submitted a proposal, that team shall host if the proposal is acceptable.
5. Lights are highly recommended at all prospective super regional sites. These lights should meet the NCAA standards found by clicking on the "NCAA Broadcast Manual and Policies" link at NCAA.com/media. 6. The committee will consider previous crowd control and behavior of the prospective host institution.

Reactions: CAVPUT
I am guessing 4-seed ORU will travel to Eugene to play the not-a-4-seed Ducks.

Regarding the super regional tournaments, with the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3, the Division I Baseball Committee also follows the additional criteria below:
1. Super regional competition shall take place at on-campus sites or alternate sites approved by the Division I Baseball Committee.
2. Prospective host institutions must submit a minimum financial guarantee of $35,000, which shall be 75% of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the hosting proposal (online proposed budget). The $35,000 minimum applies to both two-day and three-day super regional competitions.
3. Consideration for hosting shall be given to the higher seed if a suitable hosting proposal has been received (e.g., meets financial guarantee and quality of facility criteria). If the higher seed has not submitted a proposal, the lower seeded team will host if its proposal is acceptable. NCAA PRE-CHAMPIONSHIP MANUAL 21 DIVISION I BASEBALL
4. If the super regional matchup is between equally seeded teams, the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (e.g., quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one of the teams has submitted a proposal, that team shall host if the proposal is acceptable.
5. Lights are highly recommended at all prospective super regional sites. These lights should meet the NCAA standards found by clicking on the "NCAA Broadcast Manual and Policies" link at NCAA.com/media. 6. The committee will consider previous crowd control and behavior of the prospective host institution.
Texas has the most CWS appearances by a wide margin and have a larger stadium capacity. It would be Austin imo.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Unless Penn wins, I figured the bid would be the deciding factor because S. Miss and UT are so comparable. Not sure what value White places on baseball, but given his contract with Tony V plus the stadium renovations plus our momentum from last season to this one, one would have to think his bid will be quite strong. Hopefully, it's strong enough.

Unless Penn wins, I figured the bid would be the deciding factor because S. Miss and UT are so comparable. Not sure what value White places on baseball, but given his contract with Tony V plus the stadium renovations plus our momentum from last season to this one, one would have to think his bid will be quite strong. Hopefully, it's strong enough.
gekko-cantrefuse.gif

OK the BaseVols have more CWS appearances than the 'roided up bird brains so I like that criteria.
So, based on what we’ve read, do we have a better than or less than chance of being the Super host than Southern Miss?

VN Store

Back