My completely useless SEC picks based on schedule

Savannahbayvol

Alabama- 10-2, losing to A&M and Texas

Arky- 6-6, think Pittman has peaked

Auburn 5-7, could be most improved though

Florida 6-6, losing to Vols, Utah, USC in Columbia, UGA, LSU and FSU

UGA- 12-0, our game only one they could lose

UK- 6-6 4 of them Ball State, EKU, Akron and Lewville though Brohm might have the Cards playing pretty well at the end of season

LSU- 11-1, losing to the Turd

MSU- 8-4, win 8 for the Pirate

Ole Piss- 7-5, probably the ceiling for Kiffie Poo

Mizzou- 6-6

USC- 7-5, 3 losses in September, UNC, UGA and Vols plus could lose to MSU

Vols- 9-3, UGA, The Turd and A&M scares me with Petrino even though we do get them after an open date

A&M- 10-2, losing to Miami in Miami and LSU in BR

Vandy 3-9, beating Hawaii, Alabama A&M and UNLV(at least they get a great road game)

UGA beats LSU in SECCG and wins a third Nattie.

I think it's close to about right with room for an upset or two. Bama, LSU, and A&M are my 1, 2, and 3 in the West. I think Alabama rebounds to 1 L on the season, just based on their history. Until they don't, I wouldn't bet against them.
The East seems like Georgia, Tennesee, and South Carolina (could easily be Missouri or Kentucky in USC's place).

Everyone with this 'fear' of TxA&M doesn't compute with me...Jimbo is Fulmer 2.0 and unless he gives COMPLETE autonomy of the Offense to Petrino, they won't be much better than last season.

Some of my bold predictions for the SEC this season:
- Vandy goes bowling again at 6-6
- UGA escapes Neyland with a 3 point or less win decided in the 4th by a fluke call or gift from the football gods
- Bama cruises through the West...last time it was 'unknown' what bama would like on Offense, they won the NC ring
- Florida is looking for a new HC after the season (possibly so is Mizzou and TxA&M)
- SECE finishing order...UGA, UT, USCe, KY, Vandy, FLA, Mizzou
- SECW...Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Ms St, Arky, TxA&M, Auby
- Once you get past UGA/UT and Bama/LSU, finishing order is a toss up

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Alabama- 10-2, losing to A&M and Texas

Arky- 6-6, think Pittman has peaked

Auburn 5-7, could be most improved though

Florida 6-6, losing to Vols, Utah, USC in Columbia, UGA, LSU and FSU

UGA- 12-0, our game only one they could lose

UK- 6-6 4 of them Ball State, EKU, Akron and Lewville though Brohm might have the Cards playing pretty well at the end of season

LSU- 11-1, losing to the Turd

MSU- 8-4, win 8 for the Pirate

Ole Piss- 7-5, probably the ceiling for Kiffie Poo

Mizzou- 6-6

USC- 7-5, 3 losses in September, UNC, UGA and Vols plus could lose to MSU

Vols- 9-3, UGA, The Turd and A&M scares me with Petrino even though we do get them after an open date

A&M- 10-2, losing to Miami in Miami and LSU in BR

Vandy 3-9, beating Hawaii, Alabama A&M and UNLV(at least they get a great road game)

UGA beats LSU in SECCG and wins a third Nattie.

Seems like Bama would be playing UGA in the SECCG in your scenario, not LSU. Texas won't be an SEC game until season after next.

I just don't see Bama as good this year!!!
I ain't afraid of UGA at home.
AMAGGIES aren't until they are!
VOLS vs LSU in the SECCG
UGA 1 loss, that's us!!!!!
Bama 3 losses- ATM, LSU, VOLS

Unfortunately but fortunately we lose the SECCG.
1 OSU vs 4 VOLS
2 LSU vs 3 Clemson

Clemson vs VOLS NCG
Orange beats vomit for the Natty!!!!

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
Seems like 11-1 is better than 10-2
But if one of those 2 Bama losses is non conference they would hold the tiebreaker over LSU H2H. However, it’s not that simple as A&M would also be in the picture with only 1 conference loss according to those predictions.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
But if one of those 2 Bama losses is non conference they would hold the tiebreaker over LSU H2H. However, it’s not that simple as A&M would also be in the picture with only 1 conference loss according to those predictions.

Yeah I thought about that. Think it would go to the highest rated team and I have LSU beating A&M in the last game of the regular season.

Yeah I thought about that. Think it would go to the highest rated team and I have LSU beating A&M in the last game of the regular season.
At first I thought that person was right that you missed the fact that one loss was out of conference and then it hit me they missed A&M having the same. Then I assumed you did account for it. Ah, I love college football off-season “what if” games. So what about A&M has you loving them so much? Just Petrino or is there more to it?

I just don't see Bama as good this year!!!
I ain't afraid of UGA at home.
AMAGGIES aren't until they are!
VOLS vs LSU in the SECCG
UGA 1 loss, that's us!!!!!
Bama 3 losses- ATM, LSU, VOLS

Unfortunately but fortunately we lose the SECCG.
1 OSU vs 4 VOLS
2 LSU vs 3 Clemson

Clemson vs VOLS NCG
Orange beats vomit for the Natty!!!!
Don't agree with the predictions but love the outcome

Reactions: KINGSVOL
It comes down to Milton. If Milton really has exorcised his demons then I think UT loses to Bama on the road. But what looks like the 3 toughest games otherwise are all at home- UGA, USCe, and A&M.

If Milton becomes Bowling Green Milton then the Vols will lose 4 or 5 games. UT is recruiting better. They're developing guys. But UT needs elite QB play. The Vols do not have the talent anywhere else on the roster to compensate if they don't get it.

Seems like 1 SEC loss with a head to head win over LSU would put Alabama in the SEC championship.
I was thinking about texas already being in the sec, my bad. Looks like this scenario has a 3-way tie between bama, lsu, and a&m all with losses to each other. With all losses being to west division opponents i think it would end up being decided by the combined records of their east division opponents or a coin flip SEC Divisional Tie-Breaker

Everyone with this 'fear' of TxA&M doesn't compute with me...Jimbo is Fulmer 2.0 and unless he gives COMPLETE autonomy of the Offense to Petrino, they won't be much better than last season.

Some of my bold predictions for the SEC this season:
- Vandy goes bowling again at 6-6
- UGA escapes Neyland with a 3 point or less win decided in the 4th by a fluke call or gift from the football gods
- Bama cruises through the West...last time it was 'unknown' what bama would like on Offense, they won the NC ring
- Florida is looking for a new HC after the season (possibly so is Mizzou and TxA&M)
- SECE finishing order...UGA, UT, USCe, KY, Vandy, FLA, Mizzou
- SECW...Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Ms St, Arky, TxA&M, Auby
- Once you get past UGA/UT and Bama/LSU, finishing order is a toss up

Texas A&M is a complete and total wildcard with Petrino. If Jimbo allows Petrino to be his Cutcliffe, they could be very dangerous to any team on their schedule. Otoh, if Petrino starts feeling like he was just brought in to dress up the window and becomes disgruntled, the already poor culture at A&M could spectacularly collapse. A&M has enough raw talent to be dangerous on any given Saturday but if the kids buy in to Petrino's O and Jimbo lets him work they could be a dark horse in the west.

Reactions: IndianaVol

VN Store

Back