Cam Seldon out for the Spring after shoulder surgery

I had shoulder surgery in 2008, out of work for 4 months. From my experience, even though I went back to work, my shoulder was not 100%. My job was physically hard, and I struggled for a few months after returning.

I tore my rotator, tore the bicep, and had to had anchors to keep the ligament, tendon, whatever it is that goes over the shoulder into the upper back. It's not an easy injury to recover from in a short time frame.

Maybe he doesn't have as much damage and the recovery time will not be as long.

Our 3rd string RB right now is desean bishop, not a walk on
The Spring Practice report posted here on VN yesterday mentioned Bishop is a walk on. I just repeated what the beat writer stated
Either way, we have very limited game experience beyond Sampson.

Cue the freak outs 🙄🙄
Not freaking out, but this really sucks. He won’t be 100% for at least a year. I’ve torn my shoulder, it sucks. Even though he should be able to play this year, his upper body strength will be greatly diminished. So the worry for me isn’t so much his running ability, it’s his blocking that could be an issue.

Reactions: WillisWG
Not freaking out, but this really sucks. He won’t be 100% for at least a year. I’ve torn my shoulder, it sucks. Even though he should be able to play this year, his upper body strength will be greatly diminished. So the worry for me isn’t so much his running ability, it’s his blocking that could be an issue.
He's been dealing with this issue for over 2 years iirc.

Hopefully it heals Right and he can get right on track

On the progress of running backs Khalifa Keith and DeSean Bishop this spring and their opportunity with Cameron Seldon sidelined:

“D-Samp’s (Dylan Sampson) been awesome, just energy, leadership, maturity, understanding of our offense. The young guys continue to take steps forward. Khalifa’s done a really nice job. He’s been extremely physical, was today as well. I thought he finished going forward all the time. DeSean Bishop, young guy that got nicked up last year, just his growth inside of our program, for him to get back out on the field and showcase his skill set, handled the rehab process extremely well and love the competition that he’s brought. (Patrick) Wilk and (Hunter) Barnes have done a really nice job.”

On the status of running back Cameron Seldon and if his injury will prompt Tennessee to look to the transfer portal for help in the backfield:

“With Cam, unfortunate, just early part of spring ball, had an injury to his shoulder. Had surgery on it. We’ll kind of evaluate where we’re at as the rehab process gets started and base our decisions off of that and kind of where we project where he’s going to be.”

Reactions: Smokey19rt
From what I’ve read Lewis won’t be going thru any contact this spring. Need to be careful with Sampson for sure, that leaves Keith, Bishop and some walk-on’s.
Is something wrong with Lewis? He’s a freshman from Salem, VA who just arrived on campus in Jan or so.

I had shoulder surgery in 2008, out of work for 4 months. From my experience, even though I went back to work, my shoulder was not 100%. My job was physically hard, and I struggled for a few months after returning.

I tore my rotator, tore the bicep, and had to had anchors to keep the ligament, tendon, whatever it is that goes over the shoulder into the upper back. It's not an easy injury to recover from in a short time frame.

Maybe he doesn't have as much damage and the recovery time will not be as long.
That's a rough one to recover from. Had cuff, tendon and labrum repaired on one and it was hell. Almost a year to get right and I was in my prime. Just the rotator cuff on the other-not near as bad. 4 months and ready to go.
Hopefully it's just a small tear they wanna make sure doesn't get worse and he's ready for fall

VN Store

Back