4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:
Brian Kelly, Lincoln Riley, Ferentz, Fickell, Drinkwitz, Mack Brown, Mike Grundy, Jonathan Smith, Deion, Curt Cignetti, Chris Kleiman, Jon Sumrall.

None of the espn guys even gave Heupel a vote. Coaches at Tulane, Indiana, Michigan St, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, and Ole Miss all getting votes ahead of the coach of the Tennessee Volunteers? WTH?

Help has gotten us from Cornbread to just a few plays away from the SEC title game and the CFP in 3 years. I don’t get it. Why doesn’t espn like Heupel?

Same ole thing we all know. It's like some expect eSPn to like us. Any pub from them gets that new thread going Licketty split. Loooong way to futbol season.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATLVols
Go
ESPN just wrote a article where they rank to top 10 college coaches:

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:
Brian Kelly, Lincoln Riley, Ferentz, Fickell, Drinkwitz, Mack Brown, Mike Grundy, Jonathan Smith, Deion, Curt Cignetti, Chris Kleiman, Jon Sumrall.

None of the espn guys even gave Heupel a vote. Coaches at Tulane, Indiana, Michigan St, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, and Ole Miss all getting votes ahead of the coach of the Tennessee Volunteers? WTH?

Help has gotten us from Cornbread to just a few plays away from the SEC title game and the CFP in 3 years. I don’t get it. Why doesn’t espn like Heupel?
Good thing that poll don’t win us games

Reactions: Hairy Vols

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:

Are you honestly surprised?

It’s a well-documented bias.

Reactions: Remy
lol this what the off season about clicks… pre season lists are fun but mean absolutely nothing… post season have a little more weight and wins and losses always take care of that… Heup is about to lead us to the playoffs this year.

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:

Sorry dude, I see this is your first post. Someone should have warned you that most of the posters on here really just look to reply with something cutting about your post, rather than address the subject you brought up. A common practice on VN these days.

Actually, looking at the list, I see exactly what you're talking about. There are a lot of suspect names on there. Take Ferentz, for instance, who CJH just handed him his own butt at 35-0. And several others, too.

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:

Look at last years record for each coach listed or in the case of Dabo, nattys. No real mystery here.

Reactions: Raebo
OP, do something about it. Boycott anything ESPN for 1 year.
Sorry OP, I couldn’t resist. There has been a million threads saying ESPN hates us. (But they seem to like the Lady VOLs. Can’t watch a women’s basketball game without Pat Summitt being mentioned).

Those lists are all "what have you done for me lately". Look at Drinkwitz, he's 5-5, 6-7, 6-7, and 11-2 at Mizz. He's honorable mention for his 2023 season. I'm sure Heupel was on one of these lists this time last year for the 2022 season.
Drink gonna have a fun time this year w/o a senior laden D and no all sec running back to gobble up time of possession keeping D off the field. Expect fall back to 6 win threshold for flash in the pan Miz. We on the other hand will be back in the 9-10 win area for third straight year where we will stay until maybe Y2 w/ Nico.

Reactions: Capt Whiskey

VN Store

Back