#2) Arkansas - with Oklahoma State, Louisiana Tech, Little Rock
#15) South Carolina - with Virginia, Southern Miss, USC Upstate

#7) North Carolina - with Alabama, Northeastern, Niagara
#10) Oklahoma - with Nebraska, Oregon, Lamar

#6) East Carolina - with NC State, JMU, Sacred Heart
#11) Indiana State - with Kansas State, Illinois, Saint Louis

#3) Clemson - with Mississippi State, Utah, Army
#14) Coastal Carolina - with Georgia, Georgia Tech, Samford

You can guarantee this year there will be at least one super regional matchup that should be won by mid major. One of the proposals last year was that would be one super original that had all mid majors in it so at least one mid major would make it to Omaha.

You can guarantee this year there will be at least one super regional matchup that should be won by mid major. One of the proposals last year was that would be one super original that had all mid majors in it so at least one mid major would make it to Omaha.
so mid-majors get the only 'bye' now?
terrible idea! They already get auto-qualifiers into the tournament

I'm not saying that it will happen for sure by NCAA but it was a major point last year and so I'm gonna guess that it will come true this year. They argue that they are mistreated because their conferences are not as tough so they cannot have the RPI that the SEC has. I'm just pretty sure that the NCAA will make it happen so that every team in 2 regions will be mid majors so that there will be 1 in Omaha. I may be wrong but I doubt it.

Reactions: StarRaider
I'm not saying that it will happen for sure by NCAA but it was a major point last year and so I'm gonna guess that it will come true this year. They argue that they are mistreated because their conferences are not as tough so they cannot have the RPI that the SEC has. I'm just pretty sure that the NCAA will make it happen so that every team in 2 regions will be mid majors so that there will be 1 in Omaha. I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I think they could set it up with the top seeds being mid major like 6-11 in the projections above us but I can’t see a way they would not slot a 2-3 seed Big 12, Sec, or Acc team in those regionals for them to have to beat. Of course rivals of those teams will be upset with what could be considered a favorable draw for those power conference teams as well. No win situation…lol

That is the only way to guarantee at least one mid-major in Omaha. It is also the most effective way to limit how many mid-major teams actually can make it to Omaha.

I wonder which the NCAA is actually trying to make happen? I am going with "not the one they tell you they are trying to make happen."

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maine Black Bears went to CWS numerous times, nothing wrong with a mid Major getting a shot in Omaha.

Hell Coastal Carolina won the Championship.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am fine with them getting there, but I don’t think you fix the table to where certain team or conferences can’t get there and certain teams or conferences have any easier path.
I think if the best teams in the nation are all eight SEC teams or any other conference then they should be the top seeds. But to give preference to a certain conference level or team is just wrong

If we take care of business and win series from here on out, I’m not sure they can keep us out of the 3 slot. We have 9 games left vs top 50 RPI’s, Clemson has 7 and GT is borderline top 50 today. Illinois also has the potential to sneak back into a top 50 team if they take care of business giving us a better resume.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
If we take care of business and win series from here on out, I’m not sure they can keep us out of the 3 slot. We have 9 games left vs top 50 RPI’s, Clemson has 7 and GT is borderline top 50 today. Illinois also has the potential to sneak back into a top 50 team if they take care of business giving us a better resume.
Maybe the 2 line if Arkansas loses a few

VN Store

Back