College Gameday Has A Suggestion For Unlocking Joe Milton's Full Talents

Volfan1000

On today's episode they suggest to possible NFL suitors that Milton be tried at the H back position.

Thoughts from the board?

Ok, so back in the day I genuinely said that tebow (may god curse his soul) should be drafted as an hb that would confuse defenses with a second throwing arm in the backfield. Milton could fill that role 100x in my opinion. I'm also not a fb coach, so what do I know.

Ok, so back in the day I genuinely said that tebow (may god curse his soul) should be drafted as an hb that would confuse defenses with a second throwing arm in the backfield. Milton could fill that role 100x in my opinion. I'm also not a fb coach, so what do I know.
That sounds brilliant and I'm not a fb coach, too!

They way he dodged out at the end of that Ole Miss game, nah. No one in a drafting position would really contemplate that.
To be fair he had a play to put us into position to win that game. He also had a pass in the end zone that should’ve been caught. The play out of bounds was dumb no doubt, I think it was more ignorance of the situation than fear of getting hit. No doubt it was stupid though.

To be fair he had a play to put us into position to win that game. He also had a pass in the end zone that should’ve been caught. The play out of bounds was dumb no doubt, I think it was more ignorance of the situation than fear of getting hit. No doubt it was stupid though.
Tillman was the only one in position to make that catch. Tillman was just gassed. The throw was where it had to be.

Tebow loved contact and thrived on it. Joe mostly avoided contact for about 75% of the time he was here.

Whatever the reason, that play defined all of the other mistakes he made while playing at UT. Yes, he is a special talent, but mentality and touch passes were not his forte. They would not allow him to throw over the middle the remainder of the year after the Florida loss.

Reactions: 1974Vol and 08Vol
He'd be great doing that thing like Tebow, where he ran toward the line and at the last second jump up and throw a little 5 yard pass to a running back. Unfortunately though, he'd probably kill the poor running back with the pass.

Reactions: Capt Straight
They way he dodged out at the end of that Ole Miss game, nah. No one in a drafting position would really contemplate that.
SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about the way he trucked him some Alabama players instead of grudgingly cling to one past incident several years ago? If I recall right, he trucked Bamas on two different occasions in that game.

--https://thecomeback.com/college-football/alabama-defender-trucked-tennessee-quarterback-joe-milton.html

Whatever the reason, that play defined all of the other mistakes he made while playing at UT. Yes, he is a special talent, but mentality and touch passes were not his forte. They would not allow him to throw over the middle the remainder of the year after the Florida loss.
Don't think he ever saw a "Robber" in his life! lol

Reactions: 08Vol
Plays like that were always nice to see, but they didn’t happen all of that often. That’s why I said 75% of the time he was here he didn’t look to initiate contact. IMO, a guy w/ his size, strength and athleticism should be an automatic 6 when you’re in a goal line situation.

Milton is too tall and lanky to be a RB, especially FB. Joe is a QB. Biggest arm in all of football. SURELY he can find a place to fit him.

Reactions: Sivad
Plays like that were always nice to see, but they didn’t happen all of that often. That’s why I said 75% of the time he was here he didn’t look to initiate contact. IMO, a guy w/ his size, strength and athleticism should be an automatic 6 when you’re in a goal line situation.

Joe got tougher his Senior year. Let's GO JOE! Draft the Man!!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Joe Milton III will have a career in the NFL that will eerily parallel that of Doug Williams. Laugh now, but I'll have the last laugh. My dog and the cracked crystal insists on this. When Joe Gibbs appeared in a vision last night to vouch for this, I knew it was true.

VN Store

Back