2024-2025 pre-season WBB SEC rankings

I'd love to know right now what our SEC schedule is going to be, 'cause that is everything when trying to predict finish.

But I said the other night in a haze of unbridled optimism that "The University of Tennessee Lady Vols will finish the 24-25 season in no worse than third place in the SEC, and with a little help via lingering chemistry issues at LSU, could even finish as high as second."

Because the team is likely to still be trying to smooth out their transition to playing a different style and a different pace, it's going to matter, A LOT, when we play the top teams in the league. If we're saddled with facing SC, LSU and Texas early, BEFORE we've smoothed out nearly completely, it could be a problem.

If we are a little lucky with the schedule I''ll be sticking to my passion prediction. I have such a great feeling about everything.

I keep coming back to the level of grit and heart our overmatched, not-hugely- athletic team last year had, nearly knocking off South Carolina. I mean, if THAT group of women could bow up and create some magic like they did, imagine what those same women, with even more experience, and with the additions of some incredibly talented new teammates in Boyd, Cooper, Latham and Spearman, will be capable of!

It's gonna be fun. Guaranteed.

7th? Hahhahah nah
Texas 2nd? Hahhaha nah

Tier 1
Championship build
USC
LSU
Texas

Tier 2
Contenders
UT -(we move to champ build with Ruby)
OU
Ole Miss
Alabama

Tier 3
Missing key pieces
KY
Auburn
Vandy
Florida

Tier 4
Poor Roster Mgt
MsST
Arky

Tier 5
The Gutter
Mizzou
A&M
Georgia

We get Whitehorn, another post player like Muhammad and possibly a mid range scorer like KIng I think we can compete with anybody may still end up fourth, but the schedule always decides that more than anything else.

Ok I guess that does move them up to 14th
I think AM will be worse. I don’t understand what they or Mizzou even have.. Georgia is basically a mid major.

The portal small fish will play a HUGE role for these teams. Who over performs?

I really think they are wayyy behind in the portal.

I need to see the 2024 classes too

Reactions: krichunaka
We get Whitehorn, another post player like Muhammad and possibly a mid range scorer like KIng I think we can compete with anybody may still end up fourth, but the schedule always decides that more than anything else.
I don’t see how adding 3 does that but not 1? Sure it helps depth but end of day it’s play and development.

Bc imo your still gonna basically only play 2 4s and 2 5s…

It def helps the future tho getting RW and AM

I don’t see how adding 3 does that but not 1? Sure it helps depth but end of day it’s play and development.

Bc imo your still gonna basically only play 2 4s and 2 5s…

It def helps the future tho getting RW and AM
Cause depth means when you sub you don't lose anything. If you can have ten players that all can hold their own on the court then you are a great team. We usually got to seven last year and then went down from there. I like a starter and a backup of which you could interchange if you had to.

Cause depth means when you sub you don't lose anything. If you can have ten players that all can hold their own on the court then you are a great team. We usually got to seven last year and then went down from there. I like a starter and a backup of which you could interchange if you had to.
I don’t agree with that either… I blame Kellie for that. Terrible at rotations and team management

She didn’t have much to do with that roster, but I do blame her for putting that roster together.
No I don’t think she got the most out of the roster. As I’ve said 1000000x she couldn’t tell the difference between a guard and a forward

Yes. Only team to even scare SC.. 3x btw
I don’t care about Sc, it I won’t go into that because that seasons over now. We didn’t have a Championship roster at all, the only way we could have won would have been if Rickea went legendary in the tournament or get lucky by certain players getting injured and having the refs in our back pocket like others.

I hope all the preseason predictions project the LVs in lower spots, 7-10.

In fact, a last place finish prediction from a credible source, would be a dream scenario. Come'on Charlie Creme go all in on predicting that 2024-25 is when the LV's NCAA streak ends!!!!!!

Setting expectations low is ideal.

If the LVs then "surprise" everyone with, let's say a 4th place conference finish, that will spark a lot of positive buzz about how CKC is building something quickly at Tennessee.

I'd love to know right now what our SEC schedule is going to be, 'cause that is everything when trying to predict finish.

But I said the other night in a haze of unbridled optimism that "The University of Tennessee Lady Vols will finish the 24-25 season in no worse than third place in the SEC, and with a little help via lingering chemistry issues at LSU, could even finish as high as second."

Because the team is likely to still be trying to smooth out their transition to playing a different style and a different pace, it's going to matter, A LOT, when we play the top teams in the league. If we're saddled with facing SC, LSU and Texas early, BEFORE we've smoothed out nearly completely, it could be a problem.

If we are a little lucky with the schedule I''ll be sticking to my passion prediction. I have such a great feeling about everything.

I keep coming back to the level of grit and heart our overmatched, not-hugely- athletic team last year had, nearly knocking off South Carolina. I mean, if THAT group of women could bow up and create some magic like they did, imagine what those same women, with even more experience, and with the additions of some incredibly talented new teammates in Boyd, Cooper, Latham and Spearman, will be capable of!

It's gonna be fun. Guaranteed.
I agree completely!

VN Store

Back