2024-25 Schedule/Uconn returns!

Anyone know who else we have contracts with??? I know someone has posted before on here

I wonder if that game will be played before conference games or later, like SC/UConn do in January each year during the middle of SEC season. I would imagine UT desires a later game to give the new team/staff/system some miles under their belts before playing UConn. UT hopefully starts with a lighter schedule for the team so they can get things sorted out. Marshall needed 2-3 weeks last season to learn CKC’s system before they started firing on all cylinders.

edit: SC and Uconn usually play in Feb not Jan

Last edited:
I wonder if that game will be played before conference games or later, like SC/UConn do in January each year during the middle of SEC season. I would imagine UT desires a later game to give the new team/staff/system some miles under their belts before playing UConn. UT hopefully starts with a lighter schedule for the team so they can get things sorted out.
That mini-tournament -- is it one game or two?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I wonder if that game will be played before conference games or later, like SC/UConn do in January each year during the middle of SEC season. I would imagine UT desires a later game to give the new team/staff/system some miles under their belts before playing UConn. UT hopefully starts with a lighter schedule for the team so they can get things sorted out.

I’m hoping it’s a November/December game. Hated playing them after SEC had started.

Are you referring to the Brooklyn NY event? That was two games if I recall but it seemed UT and Uconn were not scheduled to meet there, I may be wrong though.

I believe we are playing Iowa and UCONN will face off with Louisville.

More of a showcase than a tournament.
Yep, the Iowa game will be exciting to watch.

Colorado (away) and MTSU (home), I believe. Brian Rice has it on twitter back in March or so. he was the one who told us about uconn series starting again.

edit: i keep switching up MTSU and FSU for some reason??? here is what brian rice told us, plus he told us the uconn home and home was starting back up, Someone else mentioned we might be starting one again with stanford but that was pre-ACC and Tara retirement I believe, IMG_3984.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't love this. Next year, barring any injuries, UConn will have a damn good team. Probably right up there with the two SC teams (assuming that Kiki and Talia are going to USC). It will likely be the equivalent of this season's homecourt beatdown at the hands of visiting Ohio State.

I don't love this. Next year, barring any injuries, UConn will have a damn good team. Probably right up there with the two SC teams (assuming that Kiki and Talia are going to USC). It will likely be the equivalent of this season's homecourt beatdown at the hands of visiting Ohio State.
We’re hearing the last roars of the extra years

Yep, the Iowa game will be exciting to watch.

And will be a great first test for us!

I love it. This will be a great opportunity for a new team, most of whom haven’t participated in a game like this. You gotta play the games, they aren’t won on paper. I’ll never admit defeat before a game. Take it to them.

I love it. This will be a great opportunity for a new team, most of whom haven’t participated in a game like this. You gotta play the games, they aren’t won on paper. I’ll never admit defeat before a game. Take it to them.
I also love it. It will be a great test, and I think you come to a program like Tennessee to play games like UConn. Would be nice to get some wins and possibly have College Game Day again. There’s also a lot that can be learned from an ugly loss, and it’s nice to (theoretically) do it before tournament time.

I’m hoping it’s a November/December game. Hated playing them after SEC had started.
Couldn't agree more. I hate when the team could be having a bye and getting some rest, but instead they deal with this, potentially in the same week or two as SC, LSU, now Texas... I'm more for getting away from seeking out the super tough non conference games. Hopefully not forever, but let the team get themselves oriented and figured out for a season and then work up to this. People were mad when they found out we'd be playing a depleted Iowa team in Brooklyn but I didn't think that was too horrible...now this? I get it the KC likes pressure and high expectations, but my goodness at every turn it just seems to intensify for her

Reactions: VolBall09

Couldn't agree more. I hate when the team could be having a bye and getting some rest, but instead they deal with this, potentially in the same week or two as SC, LSU, now Texas... I'm more for getting away from seeking out the super tough non conference games. Hopefully not forever, but let the team get themselves oriented and figured out for a season and then work up to this. People were mad when they found out we'd be playing a depleted Iowa team in Brooklyn but I didn't think that was too horrible...now this? I get it the KC likes pressure and high expectations, but my goodness at every turn it just seems to intensify for her
Couldn't agree more. This is the definition of insanity. Doing this AGAIN? IMO the over-ambitious non conf sched the last two years was the beginning of the unraveling of Kellie Harper. And that was with a coach w actual D1 experience and a team trying to integrate one or two transfers into the starting lineup , and with one or two all american type players. jAnd with injured UConn.

This ain't that. This is an experimental coach with an experimental system trying to integrate at least 3 or 4 new starters who have never played together. In a system the new coach already told us will be a mess in November. Who thought this was a good idea? Same folks rah rahing this now will be back next spring crying about the too tough OOC sched, just like the last two years. Wash, rinse, repeat. Insane.

If it has to happen, I hope it's early, though that puts us at even more of a disadvantage.But having this as an extra game during an SEC week is even more insanity. Get it over with, "learn" if it's possible, flush it and move on.

As I've heard it from interviews with coaches, scheduling takes place long in advance of most seasons. Thus I doubt this was a KC choice.

Can we blame it on Jon? 😳

After all, he was responsible for Germany seizing the Sudentenland and the Soviets' early Sputnik launches.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. This is the definition of insanity. Doing this AGAIN? IMO the over-ambitious non conf sched the last two years was the beginning of the unraveling of Kellie Harper. And that was with a coach w actual D1 experience and a team trying to integrate one or two transfers into the starting lineup , and with one or two all american type players. jAnd with injured UConn.

This ain't that. This is an experimental coach with an experimental system trying to integrate at least 3 or 4 new starters who have never played together. In a system the new coach already told us will be a mess in November. Who thought this was a good idea? Same folks rah rahing this now will be back next spring crying about the too tough OOC sched, just like the last two years. Wash, rinse, repeat. Insane.

If it has to happen, I hope it's early, though that puts us at even more of a disadvantage.But having this as an extra game during an SEC week is even more insanity. Get it over with, "learn" if it's possible, flush it and move on.
Guess we will have to just do the best we can.

As I've heard it from interviews with coaches, scheduling takes place long in advance of most seasons. Thus I doubt this was a KC choice.

After all, he was responsible for Germany seizing the Sudentenland and the Soviets early Sputnik launches.
Thank you for a good morning chuckle.😀

After all, he was responsible for Germany seizing the Sudentenland and the Soviets early Sputnik launches.
I thought about that. Lovely parting gift from the last staff? That is just as insane, means they were putting their hands back on the stove after getting badly burned twice. All that gibberish about the early schedule helping in the post season? Obviously it did not. LOL on poor, beleagured Jon, I'm sure it was his fault.

Many say CKC loves a challenge. Sure hope so bc she has some epic challenges laid out there.

Yeah, I don’t know a lot about scheduling, but my guess is that if CKC cancelled the series we, at the least, would have to deal with folks talking about how scared we are of them since people knew resumption of this series was in the works under CKH. Sometimes there are financial obligations as well, but idk the timing of those and whether they would be owed in this scenario. Either way, Danny White and the team made it clear they want to be contenders, and you can’t be the best without playing the best.

Darn Jon and his efforts to undermine the current coaching staff by resuming a historic rivalry series 😡 (i learned how to use blue font!)

In due time. You also can't be the best without giving grace to the rebuilding process. IMO a tad smidge of realistic thinking is a good building block. We've seen the damage these early season mismatches can do.
I will also caveat with the fact that I’m in the minority around Kellie’s scheduling too. I never had a problem with it and, if anything, think more teams should schedule like that. I have friends who are Vandy fans and were absolutely befuddled to learn their twenty win season was fool’s gold.

VN Store

Back