Candace Parker Retiring

Gonna miss her on the court, but can’t wait to see what she does in the studio/life in general!

Maybe a little more free time to workout in Knoxville occasionally/accidentally on the biggest recruiting visits every season.

I wish, but did you read her plans for the future? Sounds to me like she could have less time to visit Knoxville, not more. Candace is a brilliant businesswoman with so much drive to succeed that I could see her reaching every single one of the goals she set in that Insta post.

We've had lots of amazing women come through the Lady Vol program, but I don't think I'd hurt the feelings of any of the more recent ones by saying Candace Parker was the last player of truly legendary status to play at Tennessee and beyond.

Parker is iconic. I wish I could thank her in person for all the joy following her life and career all these years has brought me. 🥲

Knew this day would come, but I truly never thought I’d see the day. The end of an era!

I was hoping she could have a great swan song season with the Aces but not surprising that she has called it a career.

If you saw the ESPN documentary on CP3, I was surprised by just how wrecked her body (knee and back) actually has been and much work it took just to be physically able to get on the court.

Now a bum foot and there obviously was not any more to give.

One of the all-time greats who has not gotten the level of acclaim she really deserves. She will be in the HOF soon enough.

Is she the last of Pat's players in the WNBA?

We've had lots of amazing women come through the Lady Vol program, but I don't think I'd hurt the feelings of any of the more recent ones by saying Candace Parker was the last player of truly legendary status to play at Tennessee and beyond.
She was truly the last legend to play for Pat and there hasn't been anyone close to her talent level come through the program since. Candace is easily one of the all time greats.

Her post-playing career looks to be as promising as her days on the court with the success she's already experienced. I suspect we will keep hearing from her as time goes on.

I was hoping she could have a great swan song season with the Aces but not surprising that she has called it a career.

If you saw the ESPN documentary on CP3, I was surprised by just how wrecked her body (knee and back) actually has been and much work it took just to be physically able to get on the court.

Now a bum foot and there obviously was not any more to give.

One of the all-time greats who has not gotten the level of acclaim she really deserves. She will be in the HOF soon enough.

Izzy Harrison played for Pat in her final season as HC I believe. I’d still count it.

Otherwise the rest have retired, Stricklen had a great career. Glory Johnson could probably still come back at some point if she wants. She’s just a freak athlete, has been playing in Europe/Turkey the last few years.

As 09 said, Izzy was a freshman in Pat's last season (what an experience that must have been), so she's the last one. The other seven left are Hollys (Diamond, Jamie N, Mercedes) Holly/Kellie crossovers (Rennia, Rae) then Jordy and RIckea who are Kellies.

I couldn't love more that CP3 decided on "no parade". So classy, so humble. Love that she did it this way without a "farewell tour". Anything with humility these days makes old man me so happy. She's got a ton of success in front of her. She and Andrya Carter are flying about as high as any basketball analysts around right now.

Last edited:
As 09 said, Izzy was a freshman in Pat's last season (what an experience that must have been), so she's the last one. The other seven left are Hollys (Diamond, Jamie N, Mercedes) Holly/Kellie crossovers (Rennia, Rae) then Jordy and RIckea who are Kellies.

I couldn't love more that CP3 decided on "no parade". So classy, so humble. Love that she did it this way without a "farewell tour". Anything with humility these days makes old man me so happy. She's got a ton of success in front of her. She and Andrya Carter are flying about as high as any basketball analysts around right now.
LOVE Andrya. She is solid.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back