James Pearce #1 Pick in 2025?

I feel he has the ability to be the #1 player in the draft next year. Some players receive praise and it motivates them to be better and some players receive praise and think they have it made and let down. Which is James Pierce?

If he has the exact same type of season as last year in addition to a‘Jadaveon Clowney, Michigan RB hit’ type of play, then yes he will be the top player.

Pearce is one of those Carolina freak EDGE players that come around very couple of years.
Julius Peppers, Leonard Little, Mario Williams, Jadaveon Clowney, etc.

Glad he chose UT, and he should have played much more as a freshman.

If he has the exact same type of season as last year in addition to a‘Jadaveon Clowney, Michigan RB hit’ type of play, then yes he will be the top player.

Pearce is one of those Carolina freak EDGE players that come around very couple of years.

I think his pick 6 last year was a wow moment. The speed he displayed after the catch was incredible for a defensive lineman IMO

Obviously depends on who has the top pick and what their QB situation is.
Not really.

A great pass rusher can cause any offense problems.

They’re really just hasn’t been a guy like Pearce.
Even Will Anderson who had a ton of sacks ran a 4.69 40. Pearce easily is 4.49

Pearce and Harold out of LSU are rare athletes that have DB speed off the edge and still hold up in the run game.

Pearce’s length too is unique. And his change of direction is abnormal for a guy his size.

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
Not really.

A great pass rusher can cause any offense problems.

They’re really just hasn’t been a guy like Pearce.
Even Will Anderson who had a ton of sacks ran a 4.69 40. Pearce easily is 4.49

Pearce and Harold out of LSU are rare athletes that have DB speed off the edge and still hold up in the run game.

Pearce’s length too is unique. And his change of direction is abnormal for a guy his size.
Sorry, but if a franchise has the top overall pick and in need of a quarterback, they’re going to take one. That is as long as there is a QB they seem worthy of the first overall selection.

Let's slow down pushing him out the door.....it would not bother me if he stayed for his SR year
Yeah, would love to see that too. But the days of Top draft picks like Peyton rolling the dice for one extra lap around the track are long gone unfortunately. All it takes is a bad little plant and twist and there goes several million dollars out the window. Players see what happened with Hendon‘s draft prospects and they get (justifiably) scared.
I say if you have a good chance to go in the first two rounds; take it and be thankful.
Plus every player Heup gets drafted in an early round probably recruits a dozen 4 or 5 stars. A number one pick in Pearce would pay recruiting dividends FAR in excess of the value one extra season would give the program.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Sorry, but if a franchise has the top overall pick and in need of a quarterback, they’re going to take one. That is as long as there is a QB they seem worthy of the first overall selection.
we’re talking about need vs the ability to nullify the most important position.

I’m saying there are enough good QBs to trade around vs giving a Good college QB a huge pay day.

And that’s what that MSN article said s talking about. Who’s coming out at QB next season?

I hope this guy and his whole team leads us to the SEC championship and beyond. Why not all the way to the Super Bowl if that was even possible.
NicoLa.gif

Last edited:

Leonard Little is who he reminds me of. Without the legal issues.

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee
Let's slow down pushing him out the door.....it would not bother me if he stayed for his SR year
I can’t really agree because if he does then something likely is wrong… and we have recruited very well at edge I want him to be a top 5 pick this next year and then herring and Ross and Joseph’s breakout… this DL is filthy, athletic, deep, and well coached…

VN Store

Back