It Feels as if Vols are Going Head-to-Head with KY

There's 2-3 games that could've prevented this: losing to a very bad Auburn team, the multi-error inning/game leading to the L to Kentucky, and choking away a 3-run lead in the 9th to Ole Miss.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I'm thrilled with the season this team has put together no matter what happens going forward. Honestly, I didn't expect anything close to this, but I'm not always so positive in my outlook I guess. Didn't think the pitching was there and despite the transfers, I usually take a wait and see approach before jumping on the bandwagon. Certainly didn't see Stark holding on to the starting job behind the plate. And after last season, I'd expected Burke to have lost his job as well. No way did I think he'd be the defender he's become at 1B. At the plate, he just looked lost last season. An automatic out at times. Also didn't see Curley coming. He's a freshman? Geez. Really thought Antigua had that spot nailed down on glove alone.

Nope. Didn't see this season coming at all. We can beat anyone anywhere. Certainly didn't expect to be saying that at the end of the regular season. On the other hand, despite having said all that....I'd rather not see UGA or UK outside of Omaha. Sorry sunshine pumpers...I gotta be me.

Last edited:

Nope. Didn't see this season coming at all. We can beat anyone anywhere. Certainly didn't expect to be saying that at the end of the regular season. On the other hand, despite having said all that....I'd rather not see UGA or UK outside of Omaha. Sorry sunshine pumpers...I gotta be me.
Both of those team will be a tough out for anybody.

I'm thrilled with the season this team has put together no matter what happens going forward. Honestly, I didn't expect anything close to this, but I'm not always so positive in my outlook I guess. Didn't think the pitching was there and despite the transfers, I usually take a wait and see approach before jumping on the bandwagon. Certainly didn't see Stark holding on to the starting job behind the plate. And after last season, I'd expected Burke to have lost his job as well. No way did I think he'd be the defender he's become at 1B. At the plate, he just looked lost last season. An automatic out at times. Also didn't see Curley coming. He's a freshman? Geez. Really thought Antigua had that spot nailed down on glove alone.

I agree with everything but Burke. He has so much talent. I was surprised at his struggles last year. But hindsight is 20/20. I am pleasantly surprised by his defense this year.

Nobody’s complaining. This is a discussion board, you discuss things that you like and don’t like. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows.
“Losing 2 of 3 to a mediocre Alabama team while stranding 1,432 runners.”
“There's 2-3 games that could've prevented this: losing to a very bad Auburn team, the multi-error inning/game leading to the L to Kentucky, and choking away a 3-run lead in the 9th to Ole Miss.”
Sounds like complaining and criticism to me. I’m thinking having the number one team in the land and a stellar conference record is unicorns and rainbows when it comes to sports. I’ll choose to enjoy the ride. Go Vols!

“Losing 2 of 3 to a mediocre Alabama team while stranding 1,432 runners.”
“There's 2-3 games that could've prevented this: losing to a very bad Auburn team, the multi-error inning/game leading to the L to Kentucky, and choking away a 3-run lead in the 9th to Ole Miss.”
Sounds like complaining and criticism to me. I’m thinking having the number one team in the land and a stellar conference record is unicorns and rainbows when it comes to sports. I’ll choose to enjoy the ride. Go Vols!
It’s a discussion board. You can point out what could’ve been and still be a fan.

Realistically we lost our chance once Kentucky won that wild extra inning game at Florida last Thursday.

It’s been a fantastic regular season. I would have liked to win the conference, but I am not pressed by it or upset. Feels like almost any other year 22-8 would be enough to win outright, but the middle of the conference is down this year and there are a lot of 12-13 win teams that have gotten swept by the top of the league. Its hard to believe we will have won 9/10 series in conference play and won’t win the title outright (and likely won’t even win a share because Vandy sucks), but that’s why I’m finding it hard to really care much about the conference title.

We did everything you could reasonably expect a title team to do. And it just wasn’t enough. No complaints here. Besides, we have won enough conference titles in a few different sports lately. I want a national championship. That’s all I care about at the is point.

VN Store

Back