Congrats to Tennessee Women's Tennis

Aladywhovolunteer

Final Four bound.

After beating a ranked Duke team, then the number 1 seeded Oklahoma State team, Tennessee upset number 8 seeded UCLA to get to the Final Four.

Very impressive! Thanks for posting.

Hey, I can't find the Lady Vols' vs. TA&M matchup. I'm only seeing UGA vs. Pepperdine on ESPN+. Where is it?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Hey, I can't find the Lady Vols' vs. TA&M matchup. I'm only seeing UGA vs. Pepperdine on ESPN+. Where is it?
Me, too. GA and PEP were supposed to start at 5, and TN matches at 7:30, so maybe we follow the GA matches, which appear to be almost over. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks you two. I kept thinking I must be doing something wrong. I don't normally watch NCAA tennis because I never see it all over ESPN tv or website to remind me it's an option. But with this Final Four appearance it's definitely something I'd like to check out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Also, the Lady Vols will row in the Big 12 Championship beginning tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Lotsa good stuff going on right now!

Well, in the chatter after Georgia's dominating win over Pepperdine, it sure sounded like the male announcer (Alex something) has in his mind that it'll be Georgia-TA&M final. Anyone else catch that?

How 'bout letting Tennessee take their best shot at the Aggies first, eh Alex? 😠

Yeah, it’s been a ride! I think four 5-star HS players inked back in the fall. I don’t know where eligibility stands with some of the current players. Georgia and aTm and the real deal and will be replaying the SEC Tournament Championship all over again—only in the Midwest this time.

Last edited:
Although Texas A&M won 4 to 1 the contest was much closer.

Texas A&M won the doubles' point to go up 1 to 0.

In singles A&M has the #1, #26 and #39 ranked players in the NCAA ( rankings may vary as they are updated often). We have ranked players also but not to A&M's level.

A&M won 3 singles' matches to defeat Tennessee. However, looking at the boxscore, we won one match before A&M got the clincher. We were also winning in a second match that went unfinished and we were tied in the third match that went unfinished.

So, the 1 point of the doubles' matches (which were decided 2-1) became extremely important.

Congratulations to the team on an incredible run.!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back