NC State any good?

temptn

I am going to assume we beat Chattanooga and jump right to NC State? Should we be worried? What's their strengths? What's their weaknesses?

I've seen a couple of preseason rankings have NC State ranked in the top 25. Isn't their projected starter at QB a transfer?

It's a team I wouldn't take lightly. I'm sure we won't.

Reactions: TNRazor and vols 30
I am going to assume we beat Chattanooga and jump right to NC State? Should we be worried? What's their strengths? What's their weaknesses?
They typically underachieve early on under Dave Doeren. They always scrape by against an ECU or someone similar. Last year they beat UCONN by 10 and UVA by 3. Obviously that’s last year, but they’re not built to play a fast paced team like us. Doeren is basically Mark Stoops 2.0, but they play in weaker conference so they can get to 8-9 wins consistently. If we get up early and control tempo we can potentially run away with the game .

They're BIG scary...

giphy.gif

NCSU did a great job in the portal this year. They got a proven good QB in Grayson McCall, a good running back Jordan Waters, and TE Justin Joly. Joly played for UConn last year and did very well against UT.

I think this will be a close game. Probably good to play them early in the season before all these new players are working well as a team.

Overall, I think UT has the better players and should win this game. (but that was true of USCe a couple year ago).

Last edited:
Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
Good team I expect them to play hard but I think our DL will control a lot of games this year and I think Nico’s legs take our offense back to that 2022 level efficiency… he’s had a year and 2 off season to learn the system now he is about to light it up…

It will be the first real test for our young VOLs They will have good offense and can not be overlooked. However, I believe out defense will be able to control the game and I think our offense will be better than last year. We do play them in North Carolina and thy will have lots of van there, but so will we. Vols cover the spread.

Last edited:
Well, I already a while back posted my dog's and cracked crystal ball's season predictions.
They said it's not going to be the sleepwalk many Vols fans think. We come out ahead 28 -12, said they.
Nico may get his butt waxed, but the running game will grind and chew NCST's defense into gradual submission.
I trust the dog and the glass.

VN Store

Back