Prediction: How does 2024 Tennessee fare

volbound1700

Here we go:

Chattanooga - Win

NC State (N, Charlotte) - Win

Kent State - Win

@ Oklahoma - Toss-up Loss

@ Arkansas - Close Win

Florida - Close Win (need to break curse)

Alabama - Toss-up Close Win

Kentucky - Win

Miss State - Win

@ Georgia - Loss and I seriously doubt we are in this one unfortunately

UTEP - Win

@ Vanderbilt - Win

10-2 which should be good enough to make playoffs. Our season really comes down to the Alabama and Oklahoma games and not tripping up against Florida or Arkansas.

We need to beat Oklahoma imo to go 12-2 as a dub will bring Nico and company much needed confidence, esp on the road. Arkansas is a concern as they are the type team that plays lights out when UT comes into town - the 2022 Jr game.

We need to beat Oklahoma imo to go 12-2 as a dub will bring Nico and company much needed confidence, esp on the road. Arkansas is a concern as they are the type team that plays lights out when UT comes into town - the 2022 Jr game.

My only fear with Arkansas is they pull something out of their butt and become like Missouri was last year. I actually saw Missouri as a threat at the beginning of the season but I didn't expect them to blow us out and go 11-2. If Arkansas beats Tennessee, it is because they have struck gold and they will win a lot of games.

My only fear with Arkansas is they pull something out of their butt and become like Missouri was last year. I actually saw Missouri as a threat at the beginning of the season but I didn't expect them to blow us out and go 11-2. If Arkansas beats Tennessee, it is because they have struck gold and they will win a lot of games.
Agree. We always find a way to struggle against a team we should beat on the road. It’s so frustrating but it happens

Reactions: Rocky Top T
8-4
Losses @ OK, UF, UGA, and Bama

Based on any objective measure I would have us beating Florida, but as last year showed, it’s hard to beat the curse even when you have the better team/coaches. So for now an L and I hope I’m wrong.

I don’t think Bama will take as big a step back as many expect. DeBoar may be unproven in SEC play but he’s inherited the most loaded roster of any new coach ever. Hard to F that up.

OK is an L because it’s Nico’s first SEC road game to a hostile stadium and it’s early in the season. If there are any bugs left to work out we’ll see them in Norman.

UGA is an L because they’re still ridiculously loaded and have top tier coaching to match. Gonna be a few recruiting cycles before we can match up toe to toe.

All other games are double-digit wins.

Reactions: VFL9798
11-1 Ceiling
9-3/8-4 Most likely
7-5 Floor
Win all 5 games as heavy favorites (Chatt, Kent St, UTEP, Miss St, Vandy)
4-2/3-3 in 6 games we are either slight favorites or toss-up (NC st, Okla, Ark, UF, Bama, UK)
lose 1 game we are underdogs (UGA)

Win chance %
vs Chattanooga - 99%
n NC State - 60%
vs Kent State - 99%
@ Oklahoma - 50%
@ Arkansas - 65%
vs Florida - 65%
vs Alabama - 55%
vs Kentucky - 70%
vs Mississippi St - 75%
@ Georgia - 35%
vs UTEP - 97%
@ Vanderbilt - 90%

I think NC State could be a trap game. Early in the season with a lot of new players in key positions for us. Although it is a neutral sight game, it is in NC. They also are pretty good team, easily on par with UF, UK, Ms ST, Ark. They were pretty good last year and brought in some really good portal guys in key positions. They might end up being the 4th best team we play this year.

Reactions: volbound1700
8-4

Based on any objective measure I would have us beating Florida, but as last year showed, it’s hard to beat the curse even when you have the better team/coaches. So for now an L and I hope I’m wrong.

I don’t think Bama will take as big a step back as many expect. DeBoar may be unproven in SEC play but he’s inherited the most loaded roster of any new coach ever. Hard to F that up.

OK is an L because it’s Nico’s first SEC road game to a hostile stadium and it’s early in the season. If there are any bugs left to work out we’ll see them in Norman.

UGA is an L because they’re still ridiculously loaded and have top tier coaching to match. Gonna be a few recruiting cycles before we can match up toe to toe.

This would be a disappointing season any way you look at it.......

Chattanooga - W
NC State (N, Charlotte) - W
Kent State - W
@ Oklahoma - Toss up, lean L
@ Arkansas - W
Florida - Toss up, lean W
Alabama - Toss-up, lean L
Kentucky - W
Miss State - W
@ Georgia - L
UTEP - W
@ Vanderbilt - W

9-3

8-4

I keep hearing that but a large chunk of Alabama's roster transferred away around the Saban retirement announcement. That could hurt them. I am not sure that they are as talented as people are making them out to be.

10-2. Losses to UGa and either Bama or Oklahoma.

Slight chance of pulling off 11-1. Equally slight chance of hitching to 9-3.

But I'd bet a little money on 10-2 for the regular season.

With hopes, as always, that it's actually 12-0, followed by a win in Atlanta and a 3-game winning streak in the CFP.

Go Vols!

Reactions: volbound1700
8-4

No such thing as a curse...except in Genesis about the ground being hard etc. Ain't no curse. More of a head game as press builds up Swamp issues. Most of the from Stevie wonder spurrier days where we were outcoached. Other teams like uga with superior talent and depth. We're getting better on both sides, but jawga showing no declines in recruiting. Its simply talent versus talent and showing up and doing your best. Losing may make you CURSE, but other than that is Jabberwocky stuff.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Here we go:

Chattanooga - Win

NC State (N, Charlotte) - Win

Kent State - Win

@ Oklahoma - Toss-up Loss

@ Arkansas - Close Win

Florida - Close Win (need to break curse)

Alabama - Toss-up Close Win

Kentucky - Win

Miss State - Win

@ Georgia - Loss and I seriously doubt we are in this one unfortunately

UTEP - Win

@ Vanderbilt - Win

10-2 which should be good enough to make playoffs. Our season really comes down to the Alabama and Oklahoma games and not tripping up against Florida or Arkansas.
We may lose every other game, but no way CJH is losing to Oklahoma

VN Store

Back