Vols Football in BASEBALL HOF!

So does every player in the HOF have one of these display cases. Or is this temporary for new inductees?
I know each team has a “locker” but I don’t think each player in the HOF has one. Of course all HOFers have a bronze plaque in the “hall room”. I’ve heard theres so much memorabilia the storage rooms are packed. I’d love to go back and spend a week there. One day just wasn’t enough for me. And upstate NY is nice… much much nicer than NYC …IMO.

I know each team has a “locker” but I don’t think each player in the HOF has one. Of course all HOFers have a bronze plaque in the “hall room”. I’ve heard theres so much memorabilia the storage rooms are packed. I’d love to go back and spend a week there. One day just wasn’t enough for me. And upstate NY is nice… much much nicer than NYC …IMO.
Technically isn't everything that isnt NYC considered "upstate NY"?

I've been to some real dumps around Buffalo.

I honestly don’t know. I’ve spent time in Poughkeepsie and other areas around there. And been on up near Cooperstown. It was very rural and pleasant. You may have to answer that question about “upstate”. I know about all I really want to about New York 😂.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Dang good baseball player and a pretty good qb if it wasn't for some kid named Payton or Peyton cant remember which one he may have had a pretty good career at UT

Please tell me blue font is not needed here
🤨 We’re Tennessee. We like orange.

It always depends on who you're talking to, because some North Country folks claim it's only them. But the general rule is that Upstate is anything outside of the Metro North range, which means past Poughkeepsie.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Need a better shot, can't see the T. Hope Mr Boyd didn't do shoot that......
You gotta <CLICK THE PIC>...you Goober!

GRQNPYfXMAAn_mf

If not for the Injury, Bo would be in the MLB & NFL HOF. He was that Talented.
With a career WAR of only 8, Bo would not have been a HOFer in baseball. Had he been uninjured and duplicated his best baseball season, his WAR would have been about 40. For comparison, Larry Walker, who played in the same time period, had a WAR of over 70 and Ken Griffey, Jr. had a WAR >8 in 3 different seasons! (Yes, I am a baseball "geek").

With a career WAR of only 8, Bo would not have been a HOFer in baseball. Had he been uninjured and duplicated his best baseball season, his WAR would have been about 40. For comparison, Larry Walker, who played in the same time period, had a WAR of over 70 and Ken Griffey, Jr. had a WAR >8 in 3 different seasons! (Yes, I am a baseball "geek").
Welp, in the 1989 All Star game, Bo certainly looked like the best player on the field. Oh wait; he was the MVP ! Then just two years later (age 28) he suffered the devastating injury playing football. So we really have no idea how his baseball career might have gone. 10 more years? 15? One thing we do know, he was electrifying in both sports. And we do know Bo was elected to the Royals Hall of Fame. So we can extrapolate. At least I can. I think your reference to the WAR is a stretch to disqualify Bo , as I doubt the electors factor that stat into their criteria . And since Jackson was really just coming into his own in Pro baseball, I think what we saw from him was a small sample of the kind of player he could have been. Most baseball historians agree with me. From "You don't know Bo, an espn documentary , the Writer Chuck Klosternan's Quote:
"The numbers, though, do lay claim that had Jackson stayed healthy his entire career, he could have made a very good case of making the Hall of Fame.
In 1990, the season before he picked up the injury, Jackson was entering his prime. The previous season he hit 32 home runs and drove in 105 runs. He was the All-Star Game MVP and finished 10th in the MVP voting". But, Bo was much more than stats. He was instant energy and provided excitement and motivation to his entire team. I don't hate Auburn enough to knock on the best 2 sport athlete we have seen since Jim Thorpe.

Last edited:
Wow..only second to make it from SEC....Who is the other?
Frank Thomas of Auburn.

Rafael Palmeiro of Mississippi State would have been inducted by now, but his career became tainted by steroids. That includes an infamous finger-pointing denial before Congress, which was soon exposed as being an audacious lie.

Albert Belle (known as Joey Belle at LSU), is on the fringe. He might get in one day. I think being a jerk to the media during his career has unfairly hurt his chances. Cooperstown is filled with a-holes such as Ty Cobb. That shouldn't be a factor.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back