Vescovi?

I think it will first depend on whether he or his wife have further education plans, and if acceptance in a good program determines their next location.

What are the basketball opportunities in South America? Frankly, Europe is unstable on several axes right now. I wouldn't want my kids getting stuck there for the next event.

South America would surely have more places you could build a home in the country, raise lots of children, feed 'em on peaches, and help 'em get to know Jesus on their own.

I think Vescovi and JJJ will both play in Europe--and they certainly have every chance to play well. I don't see JJJ making
a mark in the NBA--he's a real long shot. For starters, he's a tweener--not really a guard and doesn't have the size or length to be an impact
forward. He's got a nice mid-range jumper--but that is not exactly a prized skill set in a league dominated, unfortunately, by 3-point shooting. Indeed, I think Vescovi would have a better (long) shot of making an NBA roster than JJJ, as he is a true guard and can shoot--but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. They can both have good careers in Europe, I would think, if they choose that route. Here's wishing those two Vol stalwarts all the best!

Reactions: ArdentVol
I think it will first depend on whether he or his wife have further education plans, and if acceptance in a good program determines their next location.

What are the basketball opportunities in South America? Frankly, Europe is unstable on several axes right now. I wouldn't want my kids getting stuck there for the next event.

South America would surely have more places you could build a home in the country, raise lots of children, feed 'em on peaches, and help 'em get to know Jesus on their own.

An odd comment. Are you referring to the war in Europe? I don't think it will affect the basketball scene there much, if at all. And get to know Jesus? Is Vescovi religious?

Reactions: Probably_in_Class
An odd comment. Are you referring to the war in Europe? I don't think it will affect the basketball scene there much, if at all. And get to know Jesus? Is Vescovi religious?

I’d wager that playing in Israel (I know that’s not Europe) wouldn’t be a good idea right now. Western Europe and the western Pacific rim should be safe options.

Safe to assume. Much worse ways to make a living. Lots of guys make a great living playing overseas. No shame in that game.
One of the greatest high school players I ever saw play . Orlando Lightfoot played in Europe his entire career. He told me that it wasn’t the nba but 600k a year for playing a game that he loved was not a bad consultation prize .

The whole sentence is a reference to a John Prine song. 😄
I’d wager that playing in Israel (I know that’s not Europe) wouldn’t be a good idea right now. Western Europe and the western Pacific rim should be safe options.
The John Prine song reference is still half-(maybe two-thirds) serious. It's a good time for a young couple to invest in some self-sufficiency, and the southern hemisphere might be the better half of the world in which to do that.

Dig a little and you'll find that Europe and the US are moving onto war footing. Finland's new president has expressed interest in staging nuclear weapons in his country for the first time. Sweden's legislature is debating an offer to the US military that would give our military full access to their military bases with the option for the US to own those bases after two years!

The national debt requires some kind of reset. The western central banks (BIS, Fed, London) would always prefer an economy where they have control (risk management) rather than having to work around democratic unpredictables, and technocracy now offers that. Historically, the best ways to reset an economy are war and/or depression. The U.S. has maintained control of most of the world by holding countries in debt traps (since WW2), but now we're in our own debt trap.

I'll shut up instead of going into a diatribe. Enjoy some prime Prine...

We have actually been to Uruguay. Lot worse places to live than there are Argentina. And low cost of living is unbelievable.

The John Prine song reference is still half-(maybe two-thirds) serious. It's a good time for a young couple to invest in some self-sufficiency, and the southern hemisphere might be the better half of the world in which to do that.

Dig a little and you'll find that Europe and the US are moving onto war footing. Finland's new president has expressed interest in staging nuclear weapons in his country for the first time. Sweden's legislature is debating an offer to the US military that would give our military full access to their military bases with the option for the US to own those bases after two years!

The national debt requires some kind of reset. The western central banks (BIS, Fed, London) would always prefer an economy where they have control (risk management) rather than having to work around democratic unpredictables, and technocracy now offers that. Historically, the best ways to reset an economy are war and/or depression. The U.S. has maintained control of most of the world by holding countries in debt traps (since WW2), but now we're in our own debt trap.

I'll shut up instead of going into a diatribe. Enjoy some prime Prine...

We're talking basketball, man. Europe is more advanced and prosperous than most places in South America.

Safe to assume. Much worse ways to make a living. Lots of guys make a great living playing overseas. No shame in that game.
He’ll be a six figure guy immediately and will be a millionaire by the time he retires from playing. I just wish he’d play in Brazil so I could see him okay easier.

VN Store

Back