2 First Team Preseason All-Americans

I had no idea that Mays was being considered for All American honors, great for him! I know for sure that our OL was completely different without him in there. I hope he has a 100% healthy senior season.

Mr Pearce still has much growth to come in his game expect and even bigger year from Him. COOPER has what NFL Teams like at Center Captain of the Offense. Both will have big years. In CHRIST Alone

Dang shame Kevin Mayes only had two sons
Cade’s talent was always obvious. It’s been really cool to see the way Cooper has developed. He got forced into playing very young, and didn’t always look great in those early days. Once his size and strength caught up with his understanding of the game, he was a force to be reckoned with. Great to have him in Orange.

Antone Davis was a 1st team AA in ‘90 and Charles McRae 3rd team in ‘90. That’s my best guess but Ive been wrong before .

Heisman chatter for Pearce

That said, let's look at the defensive candidates entering the season.

• Edge Abdul Carter | Penn State
  • CB/WR Travis Hunter | Colorado
  • DB Malachi Moore | Alabama
  • DT Walter Nolen | Ole Miss
  • Edge James Pearce Jr. | Tennessee
  • LB Harold Perkins Jr. | LSU

We'll start with the edge rushers. James Pearce Jr. enters the year as arguably the nation's top edge rusher after finishing last year third in the SEC for sacks and fifth in tackles for loss. If he can have a teammate up front step up, allowing him to face fewer double teams, Pearce could end up in New York, regardless of how good Tennessee is this year.

VN Store

Back