Why is Eric Berry not brought up more with the Vol greats?

Well he’s been retired several years now. Maybe he just wants to be left alone with all his money? I do wish he would be more involved with us but maybe that ain’t his style.

Maybe one day we’ll get more players from that bloodline. I know his dad played here, too.

I found this old thread from back then surrounding a hotly debated topic on here that was whether or not EB should run thru the T for senior day:

Seems silly now that people thought he shouldn’t. Tradition be damned it was his last game and he should’ve been allowed to.

Probably because he played at a time when Tennessee won nothing of note. Also his pro career was cut short due to injury/illness.
Pretty much this. Berry was only on one good team back in 2007 during his freshman year. He is without a doubt the best DB to ever come out of UT and in elite company with all time SEC greats.

Same reason as CP.

Patterson might be one of the best college players to ever do it, but no one cares because we went 5-7.
HUH? CP scored 10 total TD's (5 receiving, 3 rushing, 1 kick 1 punt) and accounted for 1100ish yards from scrimmage in his one year. He had really good stats. But those stats don't even make him one of the Best UT players to ever do it. He was a good returner on a bad team...which is why he got so many opportunities to run those kicks back. his return stats are not even that impressive. Velus Jones for example had similar results returning kicks and better numbers as a WR. As far as actual production Velus was better than CP and that's not counting the previous 4 years Velus played.

I cheer him on in the NFL but he has shown he was an athletic freak that can just run in space. He was never able to figure out how to run routes which is why he got most of his snaps in the NFL as a RB/KR.

He was an electric returner and change of pace guy. At UT and in the NFL.

Last edited:
Same reason as CP.

Patterson might be one of the best college players to ever do it, but no one cares because we went 5-7.
Patterson might have been one of the most athletic college players ever but he was very limited by his inability to read defenses and run effective pass patterns. The coaches at that time amazingly figured out some ways to get the ball in his hands at RB and kick returner and he made things happen. But, he could have been one of the all time greats if he could do the little things right. Has had the same problem in the NFL

HUH? CP scored 10 total TD's (5 receiving, 3 rushing, 1 kick 1 punt) and accounted for 1100ish yards from scrimmage in his one year. He had really good stats. But those stats don't even make him one of the Best UT players to ever do it. He was a good returner on a bad team...which is why he got so many opportunities to run those kicks back. his return stats are not even that impressive. Velus Jones for example had similar results returning kicks and better numbers as a WR. As far as actual production Velus was better than CP and that's not counting the previous 4 years Velus played.

I cheer him on in the NFL but he has shown he was an athletic freak that can just run in space. He was never able to figure out how to run routes which is why he got most of his snaps in the NFL as a RB/KR.

You’re right but I get what he’s saying. CP was possibly the most physically gifted offensive skill player to grace the hill. Ive seen everyone since Stanley Morgan. CP was the best athlete I’ve ever seen live.

Reactions: pimo1
You’re right but I get what he’s saying. CP was possibly the most physically gifted offensive skill player to grace the hill. Ive seen everyone since Stanley Morgan. CP was the best athlete I’ve ever seen live.
Dale Carter and Carl Pickens athleticism wise may be two of the best on the hill. CP was electric, but Dale just literally clowned folks. Just clowned people, they had no chance. I put Eric Berry up there with Dale Carter. Berry should have had the keys to all kick and punt returns. My goodness, just imagine

Faster than CP were Kelly Washington and Leonard Scott. What was Shawn Bryson's 40 time? Shawn was a fullback, basically, and I believe the fastest guy on those rosters. Is that correct?

Last edited:

You’re right but I get what he’s saying. CP was possibly the most physically gifted offensive skill player to grace the hill. Ive seen every WR since Stanley Morgan. CP was the best athlete I’ve ever seen live.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Dale Carter and Carl Pickens athleticism wise may be two of the best on the hill. CP was electric, but Dale just literally clowned folks. Just clowned people, they had no chance. I put Eric Berry up there with Dale Carter. Berry should have had the keys to all kick and punt returns. My goodness, just imagine

Faster than CP were Kelly Washington and Leonard Scott. What was Shawn Bryson's 40 time? Shawn was a fullback, basically, and I believe the fastest guy on those rosters. Is that correct?
Lmao none of them could change direction without slowing down the way CP did. Mentioning Leonard Scott in a comparison to Cordarrelle Patterson makes it hard to respect your opinion going forward.

You’re right but I get what he’s saying. CP was possibly the most physically gifted offensive skill player to grace the hill. Ive seen every WR since Stanley Morgan. CP was the best athlete I’ve ever seen live.
CP is in the discussion of the best return guy in NFL history. You knew as soon as he got the ball in his hands anything was possible.

Lmao none of them could change direction without slowing down the way CP did. Mentioning Leonard Scott in a comparison to Cordarrelle Patterson makes it hard to respect your opinion going forward.
Dale Carter couldn't shift? CP is electric like I stated. Dale was electric with the ball in his hands and played multiple positions. There is truly no comparison. Dale would knock people's heads off, destroy people, as well and is one of the toughest players the Vols have ever had. I don't know what your definition of athlete is. I'm taking a Dale Carter all day over CP, sorry.

Reactions: vol72 and newarkvol

VN Store

Back