SEC Media days...

The GOOD news is...I'm hard-pressed to think of ANY player I'd be "uncomfortable" with him taking...and... there have been SEVERAL recent years I couldn't say that...

My Reco:
Nico
Bru
Pilli

Mays and Big O have been...last year, I think * (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I know)

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
July 15th thru 18th...who does Hype take Tuesday? I say Nico,Coop and Big O. What say ye?
Does the SEC exist anymore? The SECSports has only those two southwest conf teams on their page. Sad to see the destruction of the SEC right before our eyes. Adding Arkansas and South Carolina was ok. South Carolina is in the southeast, and Arkansas has an SEC culture. Adding Texas A&M and Missouri made no geographical or cultural sense at all. Texas and Oklahoma have no business being added. These two additions are going to get TV over most of the real SEC teams. Money, Money, and more money leads to destruction.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Does the SEC exist anymore? The SECSports has only those two southwest conf teams on their page. Sad to see the destruction of the SEC right before our eyes. Adding Arkansas and South Carolina was ok. South Carolina is in the southeast, and Arkansas has an SEC culture. Adding Texas A&M and Missouri made no geographical or cultural sense at all. Texas and Oklahoma have no business being added. These two additions are going to get TV over most of the real SEC teams. Money, Money, and more money leads to destruction.
I agree. Might as well start referring to the SEC as the Grey, Conference and the B10 as the Blue Conference. Seems about right to me. Or even the Lee and Sherman conferences.

Agree. Unlike Nico, these three have earned the honor. Nicie hasn't been here long enough to supersede these guys. Show respect for who it's due.
You are correct. But, most of these fans think Nico is the best QB in the country. He has not done anything yet. I think Bru deserves to go above anyone on the team

Unlike Nico, these three have earned the honor.
You are correct. But, most of these fans think Nico is the best QB in the country. He has not done anything yet.

I think you fellas are missing the point of SEC Media Days.

This is not Senior Day, when we honor our departing upperclassmen. That comes in November. And it's not an awards banquet, where recognition is given to the most deserving in a variety of categories. The team typically hold those in January.

This is Media Days. Which means you take the players the media is most interested in interviewing, as long as they've shown the maturity and speaking skills to represent the university well in a public setting.

There's no question that Nico and our two All-Americans are at the top of the media interest list.

Go Vols!

Last edited:

This is not Senior Day, when we honor our departing upperclassmen. That comes in November. And it's not an awards banquet, where recognition is given to the most deserving in a variety of categories. The team typically hold those in January.

This is Media Days. Which means you take the players the media is most interested in interviewing, as long as they've shown the maturity and speaking skills to represent the university well in a public setting.

There's no question that Nico and our two All-Americans are at the top of the media interest list.

Go Vols!
I understand what you are saying for sure.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

Go Vols!
Well, as we all know by now, the media is fake news. ;)

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I was right…Big O went last year…
  • 2023 Tennessee (coach Josh Heupel, QB Joe Milton, DL Omari Thomas, TE Jacob Warren)
This year should be Coop, Bru & Pilli (I’m removing Nico to keep him from stupid NIL Qs)

VN Store

Back