Kavares Tears 7th inning Double was a Home Run?

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Working on a source, but just got word that the double actually landed above the yellow line. Umps were focused on the slide though.

Anyone else confirm this?? I am headed back to watch the replay.....

1720126947060.png

I did the best I could w my TV replay. Anyone have super slow mo? Would it be a HR if it touches the yellow padding?

Last edited:
Reactions: patrick
Working on a source, but just got word that the double actually landed above the yellow line. Umps were focused on the slide though.

Has been discussed muchly in another thread. Search double home run at local search icon.

Pretty sure I T was NOT above the line. It did not trigger my triple double replay button.

Pretty sure I T was NOT above the line. It did not trigger my triple double replay button.
I had zero question live and as I recall, did not trigger a replay or review.

…definitely…aliens.

🤣😈

Looks like it hits right about the bottom of the yellow line/couple inches from the top of the wall to me.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I tried to watch the HD frame by frame and could never tell... but someone posted on reddit that they were near where it hit and they said above the yellow... TIFWIIW

1720130840099.png

I’ve watched it and slowed it down. It clearly hit the mesh on the fencing above the yellow line.
Yes it was a dong. I've saw multiple videos as well. Hit mesh behind wall and above the fence. The screen shot above was after the ball had hit the mesh and was descending back toward the playing field making it appear it hit the wall right below yellow line.

Yes it was a dong. I've saw multiple videos as well. Hit mesh behind wall and above the fence. The screen shot above was after the ball had hit the mesh and was descending back toward the playing field making it appear it hit the wall right below yellow line.
Once it didn’t matter, scoreboard, I dropped it. I’ve seen plenty of terrible calls participating in beisbol.

Trust me. I love an opportunity to post Daddy hat cleavage…

IMG_5280.png

I thought it was a homerun live, due to the angle it returned to the field. Following the angle back upward, it put it hitting against the metal screening. In my opinion.
Just think about it. It would never have bounced back at that angle and speed if it hit the padded wall. It was a HR.

View attachment 656408

I did the best I could w my TV replay. Anyone have super slow mo? Would it be a HR if it touches the yellow padding?
100% it was a HR. It ricocheted off the fence above yellow line and then off the outfield fence. All the attention was on the slide so umpires never reviewed if ball was actually a HR or not. Live, it looked like it hit off outfield wall. When slowed down, it struck the fence above the outfield fence first. KT should have had a 2 run HR, but since we won, I love the slide that will in infamy.

From the other thread

It’s pretty hard to tell for sure, but if you go back and watch the wider angle in the broadcast (and you can slow it down to .25x on YouTubeTV), you will see the dude in the powder blue shirt and red hat on the front row just to the right of where the ball hit seem to point at where the ball hit. And also, perhaps a biased observer, but a guy in a cream Vols jersey on the front row above the pitch clock clearly signals home run.

Also, if you watch the broadcast, you can clearly see how everyone was so caught up in the Ensley slide that this could have been missed. Ironically, if Ensley was tagged out, we may have challenged the HR call and gotten an extra run out of it.

View attachment 656408

It was a home run!

Reactions: StarRaider
I tried to watch the HD frame by frame and could never tell... but someone posted on reddit that they were near where it hit and they said above the yellow... TIFWIIW

View attachment 656437
No offense, but if you were sitting in CF stands,how do you see the ball in relation to the line? Also, depending on how high above the contact point you were, there can be a skewed angle.

VN Store

Back