If Kiffin had stayed.

chambers1517

Before some of you jackhammers start with he didn't star or grow up or move on or all the other violations slams, would we be more similar to Georgia or Ole Miss?

Reactions: Volfan1000
We probably would've been NCAA sanctioned into oblivion.

At the time, Kiffin was a terrible cultural fit here. He lacked emotional intelligence, he was very unaccomadating to the media and public in general, he recruited some HIGHLY questionable players, plus, other than his dad, I don't think he would have retained staff very well. At the time, I think abruptly losing Kiffin was a blessing in disguise. We just didn't have the proper leadership to handle the situation correctly.

Last edited:

At the time, Kiffin was a terrible cultural fit here. He lacked emotional intelligence, he was very unaccomadating to the media and public in general, he recruited some HIGHLY questionable players, plus, other than his dad, I don't think he would have retained staff very well. At the time, I think abruptly losing Kiffin was a blessing in disguise. We just didn't have the proper leadership to handle the situation correctly.

/thread

Before some of you jackhammers start with he didn't star or grow up or move on or all the other violations slams, would we be more similar to Georgia or Ole Miss?
What were the NCAA sanctions we were facing? We self reported 6 secondary violations that year and the national media acted like it was a huge story. Schools like Ohio State have reported close to 100 secondaries in a year.

I’ve yet to see any evidence that UT was going to be sanctioned under Kiffin. Hell, USC hired him while going on probation. I doubt they’d have done that if they thought he was committing real violations.

April thread...NOT a 20 days before Game 1 Thread...

giphy.gif

Probably right.

Why would a supposed Vols fan even make a post about Quitter Kif? Why continue acting like a guy whose girlfriend jilted him for a ménage à trois with Gollum and Jar Jar Binks? Some of you supposed Vols fans are existential enigmas to me.

If they would have survived continuous NCAA investigations and severe penalties, he likely would have won a natty, or two, or more, imo.

They were the hottest thing in college football for that time period. They were cherry picking players they wanted, or buying whoever they wanted?? Idk, I have no proof of the latter.

They were certainly on their way to big, big things at UT. I'll always content that was the most stupid career move ever. I get that USC was his dream job and I believe that, he's a West Coast guy. I totally blame Mike Hamilton for allowing to him just to walk away. In defensive of Kiffin, apparently he was up front with Hamilton about leaving for USC if it ever came open.

Many of you will say that he failed at USC and there is truth to that. He walked into a horrible situation at USC with all the NCAA restrictions and probation caused by Pete Carroll.

If Kiffin would have stayed at UT, he'd either still be here, or coaching in the NFL after much success at UT. Just my thoughts......

Kiffin learned a lot under Saban. If he had stayed, I believe he would have used so many problems with the fans and the Administration, he would not have survived. He has become a very good coach and a good recruiter and I give a lot of that to Saban. I still think we came out on top be hiring White as our AD and his hiring JH.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back