Give Him 6 [Josh Dobbs TD last night against Titans]

There has been talk he may get cut before the season. That would stink, I’d love to see him stick as QB2. This is something he brings that few others bring.
He missed an open WR on the 2nd to last play that would have won the game. Hated it for him because hitting that throw would’ve done wonders for his chances of making the team.

He missed an open WR on the 2nd to last play that would have won the game. Hated it for him because hitting that throw would’ve done wonders for his chances of making the team.

Yeah, I just don't get it with Josh. He is a helluva athlete , has an arm, and evidently the smarts. But his shortcomings appear to be mental.. Makes no sense.

I think Dobbs actually plays better during broken plays.Dobbs being Dobbs, I call it. Kind like Michael Vick being Michael Vick, or Lamar Jackson being Lamar Jackson. Trying to shape them into being something like traditional QBs usually backfires, cause that isn't what they are.

Strange how Dobbs can make a few good plays against guys who probably won’t play much and he gets praised. Milton makes good plays and doesn’t get anywhere near the same.
I think Dobbs gets favor b/c he's been in the battles during the season and shown his ability...though not lasting. He could clearly be a plug in starter with many teams. Milton is a novelty...if you look at NE sports, he's getting plenty of attention, in a good way. Too much talent not to be on NE roster as a developmental project.

Right. I can’t argue that he’s blown many opportunities to prove he’s a legit #2, much less a starter. He’s shown what he can do using his agility and improvisation skills/athleticism, but the missing of pro throws is what has made him what he is. Having said that, he’s making bank in the process, so can’t be mad if I am him.

Last edited:
I think Dobbs gets favor b/c he's been in the battles during the season and shown his ability...though not lasting. He could clearly be a plug in starter with many teams. Milton is a novelty...if you look at NE sports, he's getting plenty of attention, in a good way. Too much talent not to be on NE roster as a developmental project.
I think one thing that keeps getting him chances is his brains. Not many can learn a playbook so quickly. What hurts him is he keeps missing throws he needs to make. There are times when you can’t always avoid a sack and need to make a throw from the pocket under pressure.

I think one thing that keeps getting him chances is his brains. Not many can learn a playbook so quickly. What hurts him is he keeps missing throws he needs to make. There are times when you can’t always avoid a sack and need to make a throw from the pocket under pressure.
“It” Rarely developed late in a career. It’s kind of an innate quality. Remains to be seen if Hooker has it for this level. CJ Stroud has one year of “It” to his credit. Mahomes has about five…

He’s kind of become the whole league’s back up QB in a pinch, how many teams did he play for last year?
Back in the day, the NHL employed backup goalies. If both goalies on a team went down, the backup goalie (in attendance at the game) would come in and play.

Strange how Dobbs can make a few good plays against guys who probably won’t play much and he gets praised. Milton makes good plays and doesn’t get anywhere near the same.
I've seen tons of people talk about how good Milton looked in his preseason game. Not trying to bash him at all, but everybody has seen/heard this before

No Dobbs couldn’t just be a starter for any team.

Reactions: EZE and chuckiepoo
“It” Rarely developed late in a career. It’s kind of an innate quality. Remains to be seen if Hooker has it for this level. CJ Stroud has one year of “It” to his credit. Mahomes has about five…
Accurate. I was saying that last year about Milton too. People assuming it was going to click last year all of a sudden and he was going to elevate his game were setting themselves up for disappointment.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Accurate. I was saying that last year about Milton too. People assuming it was going to click last year all of a sudden and he was going to elevate his game were setting themselves up for disappointment.
It was there, the package just failed to gel. A group of coaches can only do so much. His receiving corp didn’t carry him either. But, only so much they could have done.
Big fan. I wish him well.

VN Store

Back