Opponents weaknesses

VOLociraptorr

Here are some things I've heard about our opponents from national media which should bode well for us

1. UGA pass rush isn't anywhere near where they've been over the past several years

2. The Florida offensive line is still "finding itself", which is national media code for "they suck"

3. Jackson Arnold has a turnover problem

4. Bamas secondary is young and mostly inexperienced and they are 115th overall in returning production

This is the first preseason in a long time I legitimately think we can win every game. Good coach+good players+opponent deficiencies=success 🦖🦖🦖

Last edited:
Here are some things I've heard about our opponents from national media which should bode well for us

1. UGA pass rush isn't anywhere near where they've been over the past several years

2. The Florida offensive line is still "finding itself", which is national media code for "they suck"

4. Bamas secondary is young and mostly inexperienced

This is the first preseason in a long time I legitimately think we can win every game. Good coach+good players+opponent deficiencies=success 🦖🦖🦖
Arnold had a turnover problem in their bowl game. Their OLine is replacing 4 starters. That means our outstanding DLine should be putting tons of pressure on a QB with a turnover problem. That’s a good recipe for success.

Arnold had a turnover problem in their bowl game. Their OLine is replacing 4 starters. That means our outstanding DLine should be putting tons of pressure on a QB with a turnover problem. That’s a good recipe for success.
I have a special disdain for Arnold, since Oklahoma fans will argue he's better than Nico. Good point about their line! I didn't know that

4. Bamas secondary is young and mostly inexperienced and they are 115th overall in returning production

AND WE LOST NOTHING?

Alabama in 2024 looks like a clone of Tennessee. They lost a lot of players but even with that, they are still probably on our talent level at least. That is going to be a heck of a game IMO. EDIT: Kalen DeBoer filled some weak points with players from Arizona and Washington.

Oklahoma will be an interesting matchup as well.

There are some people that have us losing or struggling with NC State, I don't see that one. I think we won't be an underdog until the Oklahoma game.

We are NOT beating Georgia. I just don't see it. Georgia would have to help Tennessee to win that game.

Last edited:
Inexperienced OL vs experienced DL gives us the big advantage. The war is won in the trenches. Good point made, sir. You always bring the details to your posts.

Inexperienced OL vs experienced DL gives us the big advantage. The war is won in the trenches. Good point made, sir. You always bring the details to your posts.

Although, I think we have a good shot, you can't deny our struggles on the road. Tennessee's performance against Florida and Missouri last year gives me pause. Both games were very ugly and that kind of performance won't win in Norman (even with OU's weaknesses). I think Nico could be the "x" factor to avoid that but we will see.

I'm hopeful that our defense is much improved. It sounds like our D-line will be nasty at least which is good and Heupel's comments on the secondary after the scrimmage were encouraging. Provided we don't have any catastrophic injuries like we did last year, we will have a really good team. 🤞🙏

You must have got this from Josh Pate, he said all of this except the part about Georgia. We will lose at least 2 games.

Thank you, sir. It's just something I've been thinking about since hearing that OL was a concern for Oklahoma going into the season. Combine that with what I saw from Arnold in the bowl game, and our DLine could feast.

Thank you, sir. It's just something I've been thinking about since hearing that OL was a concern for Oklahoma going into the season. Combine that with what I saw from Arnold in the bowl game, and our DLine could feast.
I’m hyped for that game. I’m really glad we get Kent state between NC state and Oklahoma. I could easily see us looking forward to OU and slipping up against NC state

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Although, I think we have a good shot, you can't deny our struggles on the road. Tennessee's performance against Florida and Missouri last year gives me pause. Both games were very ugly and that kind of performance won't win in Norman (even with OU's weaknesses). I think Nico could be the "x" factor to avoid that but we will see.
Am confused ... you seem to be talking about playing THIS year's schedule with LAST year's team?

Am confused ... you seem to be talking about playing THIS year's schedule with LAST year's team?

That will always be the case. It is the same offensive/defensive lines. I think this team will be better but we will see. I just think we need to temper expectations considering that a lot of these same players lined-up on the field in those losses.

Alabama in 2024 looks like a clone of Tennessee. They lost a lot of players but even with that, they are still probably on our talent level at least. That is going to be a heck of a game IMO. EDIT: Kalen DeBoer filled some weak points with players from Arizona and Washington.

There are some people that have us losing or struggling with NC State, I don't see that one. I think we won't be an underdog until the Oklahoma game.

We are NOT beating Georgia. I just don't see it. Georgia would have to help Tennessee to win that game.
It's the SEC anybody can win against any other team on a given Saturday.

Can we get Dobbs back for just one more game?

Reactions: VolFanatic27
That will always be the case. It is the same offensive/defensive lines. I think this team will be better but we will see. I just think we need to temper expectations considering that a lot of these same players lined-up on the field in those losses.
That take is very short-sighted, foolish, even. We were number one in the SEC in rushing, and retained several guys in the trenches, who could have left. That's like getting guys from the portal who were redshirt senior starters for other SEC teams. We did get guys from the portal who will make a difference, guys like McCoy, Brazzell, Moi, even. And Heard was not part of this team last year, but probable to start at Left OT. We have 5star freshmen like MMatthews, not currently in the 2deep ... but will be. Peyton Lewis? You have never seen him in a game, but you are about to.
There are numerous others. But sure, just claim that it is exactly the same team as last year, which seems to say ... this is your first year following college football, or you are a troll, or just a bit slow?

That take is very short-sighted, foolish, even. We were number one in the SEC in rushing, and retained several guys in the trenches, who could have left. That's like getting guys from the portal who were redshirt senior starters for other SEC teams. We did get guys from the portal who will make a difference, guys like McCoy, Brazzell, Moi, even. And Heard was not part of this team last year, but probable to start at Left OT. We have 5star freshmen like MMatthews, not currently in the 2deep ... but will be. Peyton Lewis? You have never seen him in a game, but you are about to.
There are numerous others. But sure, just claim that it is exactly the same team as last year, which seems to say ... this is your first year following college football, or you are a troll, or just a bit slow?

I never said that and there isn't reason to meltdown. I just said be careful. We do have a lot of players on the team (as well as coaching and scheme) that lost those road games to Florida and Missouri. Chances are that if TN had won both, we would be a top 10 team right now going into this season. It isn't just me, the experts still have the doubts. We need to prove it on the field. I personally, think we will have a big jump but we have to see it first and prove it with Ws.

I never said that and there isn't reason to meltdown. I just said be careful. We do have a lot of players on the team (as well as coaching and scheme) that lost those road games to Florida and Missouri. Chances are that if TN had won both, we would be a top 10 team right now going into this season. It isn't just me, the experts still have the doubts. We need to prove it on the field. I personally, think we will have a big jump but we have to see it first and prove it with Ws.
"It is the same offensive/defensive lines" is exactly what you said. Then you were hit with facts to show you were wrong. You went on to argue that because past teams lost road games ... the current one should be expected to also. Ridiculous.

VN Store

Back