PA Announcer, please tell the fans something more than (1st Vols)

If you're talking about the announcer at the game, he is not going to be announcing when we're in the process of calling and running our next play, for the same reason the band doesn't play.

Extra noise while we are on offense would be negating part of home field advantage.

On defense... this presumes he has a spotter calling the information up to him. But that's why I listen to the games on radio, to get that information.

To be honest, the radio coverage didn't even attempt to keep up with the D-line substitutions today.

If you're talking about the announcer at the game, he is not going to be announcing when we're in the process of calling and running our next play, for the same reason the band doesn't play.

Extra noise while we are on offense would be negating part of home field advantage.

On defense... this presumes he has a spotter calling the information up to him. But that's why I listen to the games on radio, to get that information.

To be honest, the radio coverage didn't even attempt to keep up with the D-line substitutions today.
I think I recall CJP mentioning something about this a few years ago.

Reactions: WillisWG
Who ran the ball, Nico pass competition to ???, ??? on the tackle for the Vols.
Not a huge Jarnigan a fan but this isn’t his call. He is following the directive from CJH not announce while plays are being called for reasons BruisedOrange mentioned above. Will not change as long as CJH is here.

Wonder if they could format the Jumbotron to at least show a picture and name of the key player
I'm guessing that info would be even later than radio to appear, since it has to be typed by someone and electronically "sent" to the screen. Plus, you're having to divert your eyes from the field to read it, and are thus missing any substitutions or shifts leading up to the next play.

With wireless in the stadium, I wonder if it's feasible to create a "channel" that earbuds could be tuned to receive, and have the person who is determining which player did what speak it into that channel, rather than communicating it to an announcer who then repeats it.

Even then, I wonder what the actual delays would be between the call and everyone in the stadium receiving it?

I think the best solution is still for us fans to learn the numbers of the players, keep a roster in your pocket, and binoculars handy. I mean, we're all about tradition, right?

If that's the case, then why give the guy a mic at all? It's absolutely horrible.

I'm guessing that info would be even later than radio to appear, since it has to be typed by someone and electronically "sent" to the screen. Plus, you're having to divert your eyes from the field to read it, and are thus missing any substitutions or shifts leading up to the next play.

With wireless in the stadium, I wonder if it's feasible to create a "channel" that earbuds could be tuned to receive, and have the person who is determining which player did what speak it into that channel, rather than communicating it to an announcer who then repeats it.

Even then, I wonder what the actual delays would be between the call and everyone in the stadium receiving it?

I think the best solution is still for us fans to learn the numbers of the players, keep a roster in your pocket, and binoculars handy. I mean, we're all about tradition, right?
I was assuming they would have a list of the top 10 offensive and defensive players most likely to contribute that they could “touch” and have pop up in the lower right location where they were displaying the “called penalty” - which I really like the penalty notification

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I was assuming they would have a list of the top 10 offensive and defensive players most likely to contribute that they could “touch” and have pop up in the lower right location where they were displaying the “called penalty” - which I really like the penalty notification
Did you ever play that game “Simon”as a kid?
That 💩 was hard!!
A22C5464-061C-4CFC-A746-DBADB21D0719.jpeg

VN Store

Back