Thoughts on new season ticket holder seats

Volbrando

Ok let’s talk about these new black season ticket holder seats.

More comfortable to sit in than last years gray cushioned ones, but wow, when someone has them in front of you, because they recline some now, they are digging right into your shins. Just not enough legroom to sit or for others to get in/out of a row.

What did others think and experience?

IMG_2269.jpeg

Cooler than the cushion under the tush. Decreases leg room substantially, rubs skin raw down the spine.

**Edit** the rubbing will be fine during hoodie weather when wearing thicker clothing.

They blow.

Mine kept popping and moving anytime I shifted slightly. People walking behind you have no space. Much more difficult to step over them to get to a different row

Reactions: Volbrando
They are terrible. Black is not a great color to sit on for a summer game. 0 leg room when the people in front recline back. My wife has bruises on her knees. I liked the old gray cushion seats better.

Looks like a lot of the same issues and concerns. Wonder if they’ll do something different next year. Such bad planning imo

Reactions: Smallvol#1

More comfortable to sit in than last years gray cushioned ones, but wow, when someone has them in front of you, because they recline some now, they are digging right into your shins. Just not enough legroom to sit or for others to get in/out of a row.

View attachment 672283

Not a season ticket holder but we sat in those. I thought they sucked. As soon as the crowd left at half time the regular bench seat was a lot better.

Reactions: Volbrando

View attachment 672283
Same response. There isn’t enough room to sit @ Neyland. My knees were in the folks’ backs in front of me. I did my best but it’s cramped.

I thought they were super comfortable. Probably take up a little more space, but that's OK with me.
Did someone have them in front of you? The seats themselves are comfortable but when those in front of you have them and lean back suddenly you have zero leg room

Reactions: Smallvol#1
The only place in Neyland I'm truly comfortable is in the real chair back section. XX3 area under the roof is probably my favorite spot.

Did someone have them in front of you? The seats themselves are comfortable but when those in front of you have them and lean back suddenly you have zero leg room
Absolutely horrible especially when seats are in front of each other! I'm a bit less then 6' and my knees got destroyed and cut-up because the plastic backs have sharp plastic edges. There is simply no room to sit. What a horrible idea.... something needs to be done ASAP!

Attachments

• PXL_20240831_182037602.jpg
    PXL_20240831_182037602.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20240831_165603827.jpg
    PXL_20240831_165603827.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 65
Absolutely horrible especially when seats are in front of each other! I'm a bit less then 6' and my knees got destroyed and cut-up because the plastic backs have sharp plastic edges. There is simply no room to sit. What a horrible idea.... something needs to be done ASAP!
Ouch. Maybe we need to reach out to Danny White and see if there are other seat options or changes they could make

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
I gave my tickets away but was told they had to sit sideways to avoid the seat. Seems like lazy people in front of you who have the seats do not know how to sit up straight.

I gave my tickets away but was told they had to sit sideways to avoid the seat. Seems like lazy people in front of you who have the seats do not know how to sit up straight.
Part of the problem is that the seats are made to lean back. If you sit up and not lean then it defeats the purpose of even having a hard-back seat. They simply are too big. Virtually impossible for someone to walk by if these seats are back-back...at least not without shoving the person seated in-front who is leaning back. There is just no room. This isn't just about discomfort or an inconvenience...it actually hurts the knees!
It's going to get worse when we get into the more crowded games of the season.

My seat didn't have a seat back, but the couple in front of me did. By the end of the half, the lady was complaining how uncomfortable the seat back was and was sitting on the other side of her man, on a patch of regular bleacher.

I'm 6'-3", and my knees are usually de facto backrests for people in front of me anyhow. I'm used to it at this point. That said, my knees apparently provided more back support to those folks than the seat backs themselves since the seat backs reclined so freely. Gotta wonder if they can be adjusted with a hex key or something to increase resistance(?).

I suspect they won’t do anything to fix this issue this season. It’s definitely a very uncomfortable experience they need to address soon though

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back