How Do We Attack NCSU Defense

Haven’t seen any discussion on this topic. NCSU runs a 3 3 5 defense. How do we go
about attacking this scheme?
If NC State doesn't have a different package, we have the advantage with spread and uptempo offense. So power running and play action/designed QB runs, then mix in screens and deep routes. We should score a lot.

Outside of Missouri, what’s your other example? Missouri was a really good defense.
Austin Peay was running it if I’m not mistaken. We all know that final score was not indicative of the game. We looked terrible in that game until we pulled away late.

It’s wild to me that we are trying to create some narrative about our “struggles against a 3-3-5” based on a season in which we couldn’t throw the ball and against a very high level defense in Missouri.

This entire thing seems absurd to me. I think we are so good this year that people are just searching hard for the negative and failing to find it

Austin Peay was running it if I’m not mistaken. We all know that final score was not indicative of the game. We looked terrible in that game until we pulled away late.
Our offense looked busted last year against way more teams than 3-3-5 teams. Singling that out is goofy as hell.

The common denominator was behind the center.

It’s wild to me that we are trying to create some narrative about our “struggles against a 3-3-5” based on a season in which we couldn’t throw the ball and against a very high level defense in Missouri.

This entire thing seems absurd to me. I think we are so good this year that people are just searching hard for the negative and failing to find it
Not trying to be negative, just curious about how you attack this defensive alignment. I personally believe if our offensive line controls the los our running backs will feast. Nico has to not force passes, and use his feet when necessary.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Stage 1
- Ethan Davis over the middle
- Nico using his legs
- Bru Blocking

Stage 2
- Sampson out in the flat
- Brazzell over the middle

Stage 3
- Running Down hill (RBs)
- Throwing Deep Thornton - White

Stage 4
- More running with Keith and Bishop
- Merklinger flat passes to Lewis.

Haven’t seen any discussion on this topic. NCSU runs a 3 3 5 defense. How do we go
about attacking this scheme?

Here is a great write up on it
The 3-3-5 Defense: An In-Depth Guide

I dont think its going to fly very well because we have a killer center and our OL is going to create some serious space for our RBs to gash them on the edges. Then they try to stack the box to stop the bleeding and viola Nico begins a tutorial on how to air out the football. Suddenly they are down 14 and its still 5 mins in Q1. Trying to play catch up for their O is going to be bad bad bad.

VN Store

Back